Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2026, 09:15:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Roof Rack for Rav 4  (Read 3527 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FishFan67

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Seattle
  • Date Registered: Nov 2016
  • Posts: 34
Sooo, Got the new kayak and have it in storage near Lake Union (not too far from the house). I have yet to break it in on the water, since I had gut surgery on December 7th... but the bonus gods have smiled down on me and granted me the funds to do a roof rack. The roof is a bit high at about 6 feet ish... since I am about that tall. The kayak is about 95 pounds (Pro Angler 12). I am looking for anyone who might suggest a rack that they think might be a good one and why. My lovely bride says that she saw some ones that will load it with a crank, and others that have a pull out bar to put one end on. I will most likely be loading this big boy myself since that is the way it is. Sooo, hit me with suggestions. I want to be ready come early February (will be doing a drysuit if I have my way for that one LOL) to hit the sound for salmon, or whatever I can chase. But that's a different post I suppose.

Roger


bb2fish

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Oregon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
  • Posts: 1501
Consider the Thule Hullivator?
Another option could be Yakima crossbars with the boatloader extension bar:




 

anything