Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2026, 07:24:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:22:54 PM]

[October 08, 2026, 09:43:41 AM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: WA bottomfish rule changes  (Read 5271 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

no_oil_needed

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Lake Washington
  • Date Registered: May 2013
  • Posts: 256
Relax. You'll live longer.


Northwoods

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Formerly sumpNZ
  • Location: Sedro-Woolley, WA
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
  • Posts: 2308
I guess I'm OK with the cutback in retention limits if the black rockfish really are being pressured more than they can handle.  I'm not so happy about axing the minimum length on ling cod.  Though, I guess, more people keeping the small ones will leave the bigger ones (that are more often females) to breed. 

Personally, I still probably won't keep a ling under 22" as even at that length they are almost not worth the effort to fillet.  Especially knowing the bigger ones are out there.
Formerly sumpNZ
2012 ORC 5th Place



 

anything