Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2026, 11:29:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: New to the Forum!  (Read 1909 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Kam_Walsh

  • Plankton
  • *
  • Location: Portland, OR
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
  • Posts: 5
Hello, my name is Kam Walsh. I am eighteen years old and have been kayak fishing in the PNW for a few years now. I love targeting many different species of fish rather than just the same thing every time, and my goal is to catch as many different kinds as possible while getting more knowledgeable about those I already fish for. I typically target sturgeon, trout, and bottom fish (from rockfish/lingcod off the oregon coast to flounder in the nisqually delta) but also like fishing for bass, salmon, and pretty much anything that swims. I would love to meet more people to go fishing with and gain more knowledge about targeting certain species in a variety of locations. I've also had lots of fishing experience outside the kayak realm, including working as a deckhand on an Alaskan charter boat on Kodiak Island. Below is a picture of me with a Silver Salmon I caught by cape kiwanda:



Tinker

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Kevin
  • Location: 42.74°N 124.5°W
  • Date Registered: May 2013
  • Posts: 3338
Hi, Kam, and welcome into the forum.

Take a look at the Angler of the Year (AOTY) challenge that NWKA organizes to support veteran-related groups.  It sounds like it's right up your alley.
The fish bite twice a day - just before we get here and right after we leave.