Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2026, 09:44:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Depoe Bay newbie!  (Read 1996 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Coastal Chief

  • ORC_Safety
  • Rockfish
  • *
  • Location: Canby,OR
  • Date Registered: Apr 2017
  • Posts: 108
Hello everyone,

I live on the Oregon Coast in Depoe Bay and have recently decided to re-enter the fishing scene.  My wife is training for an Ironman, she recently said "I wish you had a kayak,so you can be with me when I swim",  I heard "go buy an angling kayak".  Alas, two weeks ago I drove my RV to Louisiana as a dad/daughter road trip and purchased a PA17t.  I'm excited to have it and am ready to begin my new adventures.  I used to fish when I was younger, then kids and career pushed that aside.  Now my kids are older, and I need a hobby so I bought a Hobie!  I have a high stress job and need this for my sanity.  Looking forward to learning about angling from a kayak and meeting new people.



Mojo Jojo

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Location: Tillamook, Oregon
  • Date Registered: May 2014
  • Posts: 6083
Hello everyone,

I live on the Oregon Coast in Depoe Bay and have recently decided to re-enter the fishing scene.  My wife is training for an Ironman, she recently said "I wish you had a kayak,so you can be with me when I swim",  I heard "go buy an angling kayak".  Alas, two weeks ago I drove my RV to Louisiana as a dad/daughter road trip and purchased a PA17t.  I'm excited to have it and am ready to begin my new adventures.  I used to fish when I was younger, then kids and career pushed that aside.  Now my kids are older, and I need a hobby so I bought a Hobie!  I have a high stress job and need this for my sanity.  Looking forward to learning about angling from a kayak and meeting new people.
Welcome aboard ... your certainly in the right place...twice, Internet and residence. You didn't mention your schedule, two of us are hitting PC (Pacific City) at 0600 if you wanted to come watch how the big dogs roll when landing.  >:D usually under water 30-40 yards from the sand.  :spittake: with a nice yard sale  :banjo:



Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”