Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2026, 03:17:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Gear Track & Scotty DIY Adaptor  (Read 7756 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bb2fish

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Oregon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
  • Posts: 1501
very crafty, gentlemen!  A+


kredden

  • Rockfish
  • ****
  • Location: North Bend, WA
  • Date Registered: Feb 2018
  • Posts: 172
After seeing your thread about the DIY gear track I just did something similar.  I've had some track for woodworking from Rockler for I can't say how many years.  Was going to build a router table top with it but went a different direction after I bought it.  Almost through it out a couple times but kept it, now through multiple moves thinking I'd eventually find a use for it.

It was a 48" piece and I decided to try an 8" track in the tray next to the seat on my Outback.  I'm going to put a rod holder on it so wanted a backing plate.  Found some 1/4" thick, 1" wide (4ft) aluminum flat at Lowes for $12 and picked up a 8-32 tap & drill kit there as well.  Making the backing plate was simple, the hardest part was the counter sunk holes on the track but not too bad.  Just put it in one location for now to see how I like it and how it holds up before I drill any more holes.  Will hopefully get out in the next couple days to give it a try, once the rain lets up a little.

Kevin


Guppy Tamer

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Salem, Oregon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2011
  • Posts: 329
I bought these for hold downs on my CNC machine: https://www.mcmaster.com/#1850A14

They work great and are fairly cheap.  I think it would make great gear track.  It takes a 1/4 bolt hex head.


PetitPoisson

  • Rockfish
  • ****
  • Location: Victoria, BC
  • Date Registered: Aug 2017
  • Posts: 105
Kredden & Guppy Tamer - I LOVE IT!  :thumbsup:
Hobie Oasis (Le Phoque)
Hobie Adventure Fish (yet to be named)