Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2026, 11:16:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Hello!!  (Read 1850 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Captain Fathom

  • Plankton
  • *
  • Location: Bellingham
  • Date Registered: Mar 2019
  • Posts: 8
Hey there, Nick from Bellingham...

I paddle a 18' sea kayak (necky tahsis) so you all probably think I am a jerk.  I bought the kayak last summer and really got into it, but then I saw some kid fishing in Deception Pass in a whitewater boat so I bought a fishing license.  Since then, I have given up kayaking to be obsessed with catching a salmon; tossing back tasty looking rockfish only makes it worse.  I built my own platform with rod holder and learned how to fish again (well, read about, and spent a bunch of money on tackle).  I hadn't fished since (found my last catch record in the tackle box, oops) 2005 and mostly just tossed buzz bombs back then.  I don't have a fish finder or downrigger and I don't plan on getting them due to lack of space (and pedal power). 

I have done a nice camping/fishing trip to Cypress Island on Labor Day last year but only snagged a nice flounder.  I have not had any keepers on my punch card so if the weather is calm I am going to try Cypress again this weekend.

See you all out there!!


 

anything