Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2026, 10:39:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: peddle or paddle?  (Read 4488 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Wannabe

  • Rockfish
  • ****
  • Location: Corvallis, OR
  • Date Registered: Dec 2006
  • Posts: 102
Sooo... in search of my first yak, I've been researching the options, checking reviews, and shopping prices, and pretty much had decided an OK P13 was the right boat for me (yes, I'll be trying before I buy). Then, talking with another newbie, he pointed out the perceived advantages of a Hobie with mirage drive, and has given me some serious second thoughts. Yeah, I know the drive would add ~$500 to the cost, but if you experienced guys had the choice to purchase 1 boat for general use in near shore Pacific and some river & lake fishing, which would you get: a P13, or a Hobie Adventure--or whatever your preferred peddle-power boat might be?

BTW: I'm ~5'7", 160 Lb.
--
Mike

Hobie Revo
OKM2XL


boxofrain

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Brookings, Or.
  • Date Registered: May 2006
  • Posts: 1015
I shopped around and compared em all before settling on the OK P13, It fits me and the type of paddling I got it for.
Now I'm on the lookout for a smaller "river boat" that I can get around the rocks a little faster in the river. At this time I'm leaning toward the "mini-x".
By the way I'm 5'-8" about 145#
the memories of a man in his old age, are the deeds of a man in his prime.


 

anything