Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2026, 12:03:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

by [WR]
[July 27, 2026, 10:08:05 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: smallest battery for the fish finder  (Read 3740 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

antpo

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: seattle
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
  • Posts: 40
i'm wondering what other folks are using out there -

the smallest 12v battery i can find is 2lbs...anyone else using this or can point out any gotchas? ...http://www.powerstream.com/BP-23.htm

thanks!

anthony



demonick

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Domenick Venezia, Author
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
  • Posts: 2835
How much does your FF draw?  That is a 2.3AH battery and at 250mA it will only last a maximum 8 hours.  I have no idea when the voltage will drop below your FF's minimum.

Some folks are using AA rechargeables.  There is a thread in "Drillin' & Cuttin'".
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 10:05:18 AM by demonick »
demonick
Author, Linc Malloy Legacies -- Action/Adventure/Thrillers
2021 Chanticleer Finalist - Global Thriller Series & High Stakes Fiction
Rip City Legacy, Book 6 latest release!
DomenickVenezia.com


craig

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Tualatin, OR
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
  • Posts: 3819
I had done something similar to this. http://www.northwestkayakanglers.com/index.php/page,11.html

I like it because I can use AA Alkaline batteries in a pinch.  I made mine so I can use either 10 1.25 V rechargeable, or 8 1.5 V alkaline.   I have an Eagle Fishmark 320 and I have never run the batteries down while fishing.  However, I have never tested the limits on how long it will run. If I run out of power, I can just add more batteries.  I also like that the AA are the same size as what I need for my GPS.  Makes packing easy.