Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2026, 02:45:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

by [WR]
[July 27, 2026, 10:08:05 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Fishing PFD  (Read 6332 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ConeHeadMuddler

  • non-competitor
  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Smells like low tide
  • Location: Twin Harbors area, WA
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
  • Posts: 1036
I looked at a few, and almost got the Stohlquist Fisherman, but I don't like to carry too much stuff in a vest, so ended up getting an Extrasport Solstice that was on sale. It has two pockets on the front, one is small with a lanyarded whistle attatched, and is good for long skinny items like a hook file, pen (to mark salmon punch card), etc. The other pocket is big enough to stash ID and a couple of smaller items like a small fly box and a tippet spool. Has a D-ring and another attachment point for other lanyards. Fits good and is very comfortable to paddle in. Other than the minimalist storage capacity, I really like this vest.

I almost wish I had gotten the NRS Chinook, though, as that looks like it has a lot of storage and has a clean looking design.  I might eventually end up getting one of those and keeping the Solstice as a spare and for guests to use.
ConeHeadMuddler


[WR]

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • Location: currently 17870
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
  • Posts: 4767
See, this is why I always ask questions so much.  That Stohlquist Fisherman is looking to fit the bill.  REI has them on sale for $90 but they only have the small/medium, and that's not going to fit my 205 lbs.  Anyone seen these in stock somewhere? 


Lee, don't forget to look in Sportco and west marine on the east side of 5 .

and also, i'm thinking warehouse sports has the one you need in your size.

backpackers, on s. tacoma way, had a few stohlquists last time i was in there, but that's many months back.