Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2026, 03:00:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Fixing my Downrigger  (Read 3303 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lee

  • Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Location: Graham, WA
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
  • Posts: 6091
Does anyone have any tips for fixing a downrigger?  I dropped mine a few months back, and ever since, it's been a real pain to deploy.  I've attempted to adjust the drag several times, but it never lasts more than 2-3 trips.  I'm trying to avoid dropping another $110 to replace it.

Is there a trick to setting the drag?
 


ZeeHawk

  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • *****
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Location: Seattle, WA
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
  • Posts: 5506
I disassembled my Depthmaster DR once for maintenance and if I remember right getting the screw pressure right was the key. Are there and cracked or broken pieces?

Z
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy


Lee

  • Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Location: Graham, WA
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
  • Posts: 6091
The cover that goes over the line counter has a broken piece, but it's not something that deals with functionality.  I Guess I just need to keep playing with the two bolts until I get it right - it's pretty difficult to get them where you want them and keep them there. 
 


ZeeHawk

  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • *****
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Location: Seattle, WA
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
  • Posts: 5506
Yeah, it's definitely a touchy rig. I found that setting it up on a bench and testing it by doing what you would on the water worked pretty well.

Z
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy


 

anything