Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2026, 04:05:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Okuma Classic Pro XT 452L  (Read 2722 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

OlySpec

  • FatYakker
  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Olympia, WA
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 532
Love this reel, but it was the one the drag failed on during ORC.  I pulled it apart and found the issue, fixed it, and am putting it back together and ran into a snag....

There is a pawl assembly under the inside cover in the reel handle side and I cannot get it to seat so that the spool releases properly.

Is there anybody that has this reel that would be willing to take apart the handle side, the inner cover, and take a picture so I can see how it all goes back properly?  I think I may have a bushing or washer in the wrong spot. 

The schematic on the Okumafishing site does not show me for this part what goes over what exactly.

Thanks a ton.

Worst case is I will buy a new one.  It is so smooth and works great.  I made the mistake of WD40 internally and it got on the drag discs causing my issue.

Hobie Pro Angler
FatYakker's Journey - http://fatyakker.blogspot.com

“It is a crime to have amphibious power and leave it unused.”

— Winston Churchill


Romanian Redneck

  • snoodleboob smoochy bear
  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • 2011 Hobie Outback & WS Tarpon 120
  • Location: Vancouver, WA
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 1979
Hey Oly! I don't have this specific reel but I own a few Okumas and the schematics on this website have helped me in a pinch.
I think the link below is for your specific reel. Hope it helps!

http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/schematics/albums/okuma/Okuma_CL_450L%2C_452L.pdf


Paul


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RR's Channel         

"You break into my house, I will shoot you. My wife will shoot you and then spend thirty minutes telling you why she shot you."
- Jeff Foxworthy