Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2026, 08:45:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:22:54 PM]

[October 08, 2026, 09:43:41 AM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Anyone fished Shoshone lake in Yellowstone  (Read 2550 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Location: arlington
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
  • Posts: 188
Heading out for a five day canoe trip one Shoshone lake.  All the info I could gather was that it contains mostly lake or brown trout.  I haven't targeted those species before.  If anyone out there has fished Yellowstone and/or Shoshone, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  We'll be on the lake the last week of July.
1st place, 1st bi-annual Humpy Classic

"May the fish be always in your favor."


Lee

  • Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Location: Graham, WA
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
  • Posts: 6091
I didn't fish there last summer, but was planning to.  During my research I found that the regulations require you to kill all mackinaw/lake trout.  I can't remember if it was for the whole park, or just yellowstone lake.  Likely the entire park as they are an invasive species there.  Double check your regs and kill 'em off if you're supposed to.  They are really hard on the native cutthroats.
 


 

anything