Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2026, 10:48:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Halibut Leaders  (Read 3935 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Kenai_guy

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • It's not as fun if it's easy
  • Location: Kenai, AK
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
  • Posts: 721
I know a halibut leader has no rocket science behind the design, but dang they rake you over the coals if you go but one at the tackle shop.  So I bought the supplies to make them.

Since I can make them now, and I have ~ 18-20 hours of dark each day... I thought I might make a bunch of them.

If any of you are wanting or needing some leaders for halibut fishing let me know. 

I have 100 - 24" leaders with 300 lb test mono, 16/0 circle hook, and a heavy duty swivel.  $2 each

I can also make "mono spreaders" , or different length leaders. Price depends on amount of supplies I consume.

PM me if you're interested
No matter how many times the PB's tell me I'm nuts....I still smile every time I out fish them

9th place 2014 ORC
4th place 2014 Whiskey Gulch Yak Classic
1st fish ever entered & Day 1 Champion 2013 Whiskey Gulch Yak Classic


Rory

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Rory's Internets Audio Blog
  • Location: Bellingham, WA
  • Date Registered: Jan 2010
  • Posts: 1818
Keepin busy. I like your spirit!
"When you get into one of these groups, there's only a couple ways you can get out. One, is death. The other...mental institutions"



Noah

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Location: Tigard
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
  • Posts: 3598
Cool idea. Can you post a picture on the rigs? I think I'm set for the upcoming year but I don't love the set ups I have now.


Kenai_guy

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • It's not as fun if it's easy
  • Location: Kenai, AK
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
  • Posts: 721
I'll post some pics when I get back to a real computer
No matter how many times the PB's tell me I'm nuts....I still smile every time I out fish them

9th place 2014 ORC
4th place 2014 Whiskey Gulch Yak Classic
1st fish ever entered & Day 1 Champion 2013 Whiskey Gulch Yak Classic


 

anything