Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2026, 05:42:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Cold weather/water proof Clothing  (Read 5138 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

akfishergal

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Anchorage, AK
  • Date Registered: Oct 2011
  • Posts: 756
I'll chime in to encourage that semi-dry suit. My only immersion experience without one occurred when I flipped in high water on the Upper Kenai a few years back wearing waders. I crawled out on a bank at an eddy pool, but could barely lift my legs onto dry land with all of that water weight. I was in the water for a long time. I know I wouldn't have the strength to re-enter a moving kayak.  Kokotat got my money pretty soon thereafter.


whitten1823

  • Perch
  • ***
  • Just Do It!!
  • Location: Spanaway, WA
  • Date Registered: May 2012
  • Posts: 72
2002 Ford F150 4X4 XLT 5.4 Triton 99,587
2012 Hobie Outback Ivory Dune


whitten1823

  • Perch
  • ***
  • Just Do It!!
  • Location: Spanaway, WA
  • Date Registered: May 2012
  • Posts: 72
2002 Ford F150 4X4 XLT 5.4 Triton 99,587
2012 Hobie Outback Ivory Dune


micahgee

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: W. Seattle
  • Date Registered: May 2011
  • Posts: 1338
NRS is a good brand.

Spray tops are ok but remember its not going to seal your neck, waist and wrists nearly as well as a dry top.
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

www.heroesonthewater.org


whitten1823

  • Perch
  • ***
  • Just Do It!!
  • Location: Spanaway, WA
  • Date Registered: May 2012
  • Posts: 72
2002 Ford F150 4X4 XLT 5.4 Triton 99,587
2012 Hobie Outback Ivory Dune


micahgee

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: W. Seattle
  • Date Registered: May 2011
  • Posts: 1338
So this is more what I'll need?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181086917213?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

Thats a dry top, notice the gaskets on the neck and wrists. Looks like a good deal, the only issue I can see is that it may not be particularly breathable. That being said for $18, assuming all the gaskets are in good shape thats a bargain.
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

www.heroesonthewater.org


whitten1823

  • Perch
  • ***
  • Just Do It!!
  • Location: Spanaway, WA
  • Date Registered: May 2012
  • Posts: 72
It's on a bid with over 2 days to go, so it'll most likely go up from $18. I'll keep an eye on it for sure. Thanks for the help!
2002 Ford F150 4X4 XLT 5.4 Triton 99,587
2012 Hobie Outback Ivory Dune


whitten1823

  • Perch
  • ***
  • Just Do It!!
  • Location: Spanaway, WA
  • Date Registered: May 2012
  • Posts: 72
This one doesn't have the obvious gaskets like the other. With it having the velcro, does that not make it a dry top?
2002 Ford F150 4X4 XLT 5.4 Triton 99,587
2012 Hobie Outback Ivory Dune


Fungunnin

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
  • Posts: 2548
Keep your eyes out. Deals can found.
I got my girlfriend a stolquist b pod suit for 250 or 300. It didn't have socks and after her first time in the salt she decided to add them. I think it was 50 to send it back to the factory and have the work done.
I also believe that semi dry suits are plenty dry. I leave my neck open to vent heat and tighten for surf. Not as constructive as a latex seal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2