Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2026, 02:42:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Anker battery ratings ... the are NOT what you think.  (Read 5134 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bsteves

  • Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • *****
  • Better fishing through science
  • Location: Portland, OR
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
  • Posts: 4584
I will confirm that the ratings aren't what they seem.

I bought the 1000mAh Anker for my new Elite 7 which draws ~ 1 Amp.

On simulate mode with no transducer and the screen brightness on 7 out of 10 I got about 7 hours out of a full charge at 12 V. 

I haven't tested on the water with the transducer pinging away.  I'm guessing this will just be a back up battery and to charge my cell phone on the road.

Brian
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh


polepole

  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • *****
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Location: San Jose, CA :(
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
  • Posts: 10099
You're going to get a lot less with the transducer actually on.  Also, is GPS on in simulate mode?

-Allen


bsteves

  • Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • *****
  • Better fishing through science
  • Location: Portland, OR
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
  • Posts: 4584
I think both the GPS and tranducer are off in simulation mode, but I also played for an hour or so of that 7 hours with the simulator off and the GPS on.
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh