Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2026, 10:54:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: July's Next Adventure "Kayak Fishery of the Month"  (Read 2287 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bsteves

  • Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • *****
  • Better fishing through science
  • Location: Portland, OR
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
  • Posts: 4584
This month's topic of discussion will be kokanee fishing.   

July 16th, 7 pm at the Next Adventure Paddle Sports Center

Paul ("Romanian Redneck") will be sharing his knowledge of how to catch these landlocked sockeye salmon.

I don't know much about kokanee fishing myself, but I hear it involves sling blade and hoochies.



"Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.  Mmmm-hmmm"

« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 01:06:17 PM by bsteves »
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh


craig

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Tualatin, OR
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
  • Posts: 3819
I can't make it.  Can Next Adventure just FedEx me a couple PBRs and we will Skype it?  ;D


Romanian Redneck

  • snoodleboob smoochy bear
  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • 2011 Hobie Outback & WS Tarpon 120
  • Location: Vancouver, WA
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 1979
I love that movie.  :banjo:
I'll be bringing my Outback rigged with my downrigger as well as I've received requests to see a downrigger setup on a kayak. We'll be talking about fishing for kokanee with and without a downrigger.
RR's Channel         

"You break into my house, I will shoot you. My wife will shoot you and then spend thirty minutes telling you why she shot you."
- Jeff Foxworthy


ndogg

  • ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • *
  • "Fists of Fury"
  • Location: SW Portland
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
  • Posts: 1767
Mmm kokanee.  I'll be there.  Do you want me to bring my homemade downrigger?
 


Dray

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Tigard, OR
  • Date Registered: Apr 2011
  • Posts: 482
Nice, looking forward to it.
Dave


Romanian Redneck

  • snoodleboob smoochy bear
  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • 2011 Hobie Outback & WS Tarpon 120
  • Location: Vancouver, WA
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 1979

Mmm kokanee.  I'll be there.  Do you want me to bring my homemade downrigger?

That would be great. I've been meaning to make a homemade version but haven't had time.
Thanks Nate!
RR's Channel         

"You break into my house, I will shoot you. My wife will shoot you and then spend thirty minutes telling you why she shot you."
- Jeff Foxworthy