Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2026, 11:34:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:00:20 AM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Oregon Marine Board Invasive Species Tyvek Tags  (Read 3506 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

craig

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Tualatin, OR
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
  • Posts: 3819
If you buy your invasive species permit online, you can print out a 14 day temp ticket and get a two year tag for $10 rather than having to pay $7 for one from ODFW or a local dealer.  https://apps.oregon.gov/ecommerce/osmb/Index.aspx  Or buy them at REI.  REI gets them from the marine board and charges $4.99 per year.

I am no math whiz but I am a cheap bastard, so that is a savings of about 40% over the two year period.

Your welcome. ;)


gon-fishn

  • Perch
  • ***
  • Location: AST
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
  • Posts: 98
Although there is a slight warning to purchasing the two year tag, they smell rather bad or at least mine did.  It may just be my nose but I could still smell my 12-13 permit up until a few months ago and when I went for a paddle/peddle it was always in the PFD pocket with my license and tags.

Of course I could mask the smell by storing my PFD in a bag with fish scent, a trick us old hunters remember ;)


craig

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Tualatin, OR
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
  • Posts: 3819
You responded to a post by a guy that left crab bait inside the hull of his kayak for a week a couple summers ago and who routinely rides in a vehicle with Ndoggs drysuit and other paddle gear.   ;D  I can handle a Marine Board permit.  The one I had last year was always kept in my wallet and I never noticed a smell.


bb2fish

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Oregon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
  • Posts: 1501
Thanks for that!  Got mine.


 

anything