Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2026, 05:02:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Easy 30 second install on trolling motor. No holes drilled Pro Angler 14  (Read 3610 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DelinKeizer

  • Rockfish
  • ****
  • Location: Keizer Oregon
  • Date Registered: Apr 2014
  • Posts: 108
Guys, I have tried both a 30 and 18 pound thrust trolling motor on my Pro Anger 14.  The 30 pound thrust motor is faster, but not by much.  The 30 pound thrust motor is a big pain to get through the mirage drive hole.  The other big pain is installing and removing the batteries inside the hull below the seat.  I decided to make things a lot easier so I went back to a 18 pound thrust motor and made a battery box that quickly installs.  Yes, I know the cord I am using is not typically used on DC Power, but I'm giving it a try.  My batteries are fused.  Below is a video of the new setup.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 08:09:30 PM by DelinKeizer »


  • Location: Warrenton, OR
  • Date Registered: Oct 2009
  • Posts: 406
Very nice set up....a good, demonstrated example of the "kiss principle" !


BK

  • Perch
  • ***
  • Location: Sherwood, OR
  • Date Registered: Sep 2012
  • Posts: 94
That's a nice, clean install - love the battery box.  Have you measured your speed with that?  I'm curious how fast that 18lber pushes you along.


DelinKeizer

  • Rockfish
  • ****
  • Location: Keizer Oregon
  • Date Registered: Apr 2014
  • Posts: 108
That's a nice, clean install - love the battery box.  Have you measured your speed with that?  I'm curious how fast that 18lber pushes you along.

Thank you.  I was going to take my gps with me today and forgot.  It goes about as fast as I could cruise with my turbo fins.....maybe a little faster.  I will let you guys know how fast it is next time I'm out.


 

anything