Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2026, 10:05:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Hydration Packs on PFD's/Seats  (Read 5032 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DWB123

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Seattle, WA
  • Date Registered: Aug 2013
  • Posts: 842
Does anyone here use a camelbak/similar hydration pack on their PFD or seat-back? I know kokatat/NRS have their own, which attach directly to the PFD, but those are a bit too pricy for me. If so, what do you use, how, and how do you like it? If you tried it and didn't like it, would like to hear about that, too. Thanks
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 03:03:48 PM by DWB123 »


m00refish0n

  • Herring
  • **
  • Date Registered: Aug 2013
  • Posts: 26
I use a camelbak and it works great for me. I have enough stuff all over my kayak that I have to stop and reach for.


DWB123

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Seattle, WA
  • Date Registered: Aug 2013
  • Posts: 842
how to you use it with your pfd?


m00refish0n

  • Herring
  • **
  • Date Registered: Aug 2013
  • Posts: 26
I need one of these too


DWB123

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Seattle, WA
  • Date Registered: Aug 2013
  • Posts: 842
HA
forget that, a feed-bag's cheaper.

so are you strapping the camelbak directly to the back of your pfd or what?


m00refish0n

  • Herring
  • **
  • Date Registered: Aug 2013
  • Posts: 26
I wear it my pfd. It's one of the ones with the mesh upper shoulder area and the back portion of it is skinny as well. Most of the thicker floatation material is in the lower half in the front.


m00refish0n

  • Herring
  • **
  • Date Registered: Aug 2013
  • Posts: 26
how to you use it with your pfd?


I wear it over my pfd. It's one of the ones with the mesh upper shoulder area and the back portion of it is skinny as well. Most of the thicker floatation material is in the lower half in the front.



DWB123

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Seattle, WA
  • Date Registered: Aug 2013
  • Posts: 842
and it's not uncomfortable/doesn't pinch the camelbak bladder when you lean back in your seat?


m00refish0n

  • Herring
  • **
  • Date Registered: Aug 2013
  • Posts: 26
Doesn't bother me or the camelbak  a bit. I made my kayak seat out of an old metal folding chair I had in the garage. When there's water in it it provides some level of cushion for me too.


DWB123

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Seattle, WA
  • Date Registered: Aug 2013
  • Posts: 842
right on. thanks!


m00refish0n

  • Herring
  • **
  • Date Registered: Aug 2013
  • Posts: 26


DWB123

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Seattle, WA
  • Date Registered: Aug 2013
  • Posts: 842
awww you got all dressed up just for meee???
 ;D


m00refish0n

  • Herring
  • **
  • Date Registered: Aug 2013
  • Posts: 26
l do better when I can see something instead of trying to piece it together in my head.


DWB123

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Seattle, WA
  • Date Registered: Aug 2013
  • Posts: 842
same. just yankin your chain.


craig

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Tualatin, OR
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
  • Posts: 3819
I have never tried it because drinking beer through a straw causes it to foam up too much.


 

anything