Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2026, 03:10:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Protoco or Willapa crab pots???  (Read 3276 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Saltydog0

  • Rockfish
  • ****
  • Location: NW
  • Date Registered: May 2012
  • Posts: 102
I'm in the market for 2 or 3 crab pots to take out on my Hobie Outback.  I was at Fisherman's Marine today and saw their Willapa round pots.  Don't seem too heavy and appear to be well built.  I could easily stack 2 or 3 on the back.  I like the way the top opens for easy access to pull the suckers out of it.  While I was researching, online, I found one review saying to compare to Protoco pots. 

While I'm on the subject, whats the benefit on leaded line.  I've always used Home Depot rope weighted on the end so it sinks. 

My biggest fear is having a pot walk on me and lose it.  I've lost (and found) plenty of lobster hoop nets.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 03:33:31 PM by deptrai »


 

anything