Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2026, 10:37:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 09, 2026, 06:22:54 PM]

[October 08, 2026, 09:43:41 AM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Oregon Fishing Regs  (Read 1934 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nick Molinaro

  • Plankton
  • *
  • Location: Vallejo, Calif.
  • Date Registered: Jan 2016
  • Posts: 3
Looking for confirmation of how I just interpreted Oregon fishing regs for 2016:

7 fish bag limit for Blackies, Verms, Greenlings, Yellowtail
Sub-bag: Canary 1, Blues 3, Deacon 3

Lings 2 - 22 inches

Prohibited:
Yelloweye, Copper, China, Quillback, Cabezon

Did I get it right? Advice about anything I missed? Want to fish up there, Brookngs/Gold Beach in Feb/March. Would welcome a meetup.



crash

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Humboldt, CA and Ashland, OR
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
  • Posts: 813
Looking for confirmation of how I just interpreted Oregon fishing regs for 2016:

7 fish bag limit for Blackies, Verms, Greenlings, Yellowtail
Sub-bag: Canary 1, Blues 3, Deacon 3

Lings 2 - 22 inches

Prohibited:
Yelloweye, Copper, China, Quillback, Cabezon

Did I get it right? Advice about anything I missed? Want to fish up there, Brookngs/Gold Beach in Feb/March. Would welcome a meetup.

Hi Nick.

I'll hookup in brookings, PM when you are headed up.

Cabezon retention opens July1-December 31 16" min.  sublimit = 1
I don't think that there are separate sublimits for blues and deacon, they are basically the same thing.


Ling Banger

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Lincoln Beach, OR
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
  • Posts: 2589
3 blues

Blacks jaw extends beyond the centerline of the eye. Blue jaws fall short.
"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy


rogerdodger

  • Fish Retriever
  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • roger
  • Location: Florence OR
  • Date Registered: Dec 2012
  • Posts: 1650
Looking for confirmation of how I just interpreted Oregon fishing regs for 2016:

7 fish bag limit for Blackies, Verms, Greenlings, Yellowtail
Sub-bag: Canary 1, Blues 3, Deacon 3

Lings 2 - 22 inches

Prohibited:
Yelloweye, Copper, China, Quillback, Cabezon

Did I get it right? Advice about anything I missed? Want to fish up there, Brookngs/Gold Beach in Feb/March. Would welcome a meetup.

you have it correct, the Sub-bag limited fish are counted as part of your overall 7 'rockfish et al' daily limit.
2019 Hobie Outback (Fish Retriever)



 

anything