Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2026, 09:25:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 10:54:03 AM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Battery discussion instigated rod purchase  (Read 3511 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Kyle M

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Portland, Oregon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
  • Posts: 952
Since the SLA's get such good press I'm using my old batteries as backups, and spent my money on a Kokanee rod instead. Bet it works great on trout and shad as well. I'm not much of a consumer but this purchase feels good.


Mojo Jojo

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Location: Tillamook, Oregon
  • Date Registered: May 2014
  • Posts: 6083
Gotta a new "fish Finder" batteries not included  ;D



Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”


hdpwipmonkey

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Cornelius, OR
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
  • Posts: 1510
Way to go Kyle... when in doubt, buy a new fishing rod.  I like it.
Ray
2020 Hobie Outback "Chum Chicken"
2018 Native Titan 10.5 "Battle Barge"







www.facebook.com/HOWNOC


2016 Junk Jig Challenge
Category - IT’S NOT A DRINKING PROBLEM IF YOU’RE BEING CREATIVE
1st place - The Drunken Bastard


Ravensfan

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Kevin
  • Location: Marysville, Wa
  • Date Registered: Apr 2015
  • Posts: 224
Awesome rod choice Kyle! I have a similar Okuma SST for salmon, and love it!
Kevin


snopro

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: HR
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
  • Posts: 1169
I have the same model.  Great little rod that can handle a lot more than kokanee.  Put some nanofil on your reel and it will launch 1/8 oz spoons and spinners.


micahgee

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: W. Seattle
  • Date Registered: May 2011
  • Posts: 1338
Good choice. They are great rods, super sensitive and nice and noodley! Just in time for kokanee season too
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

www.heroesonthewater.org


Kyle M

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Portland, Oregon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
  • Posts: 952
Thanks guys. I can't wait to give it a try. I wonder if Merwin lake will clear up before the springers arrive. I'm not very patient.