Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2026, 07:30:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Yakima Bigstack  (Read 2806 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

YippieKaiyak

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Hillsboro, OR
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
  • Posts: 349
Has anyone had experience with a Yakima Bigstack?  I picked one up based on reviews but when I tried it out I was getting some pretty bad deflection in the side of my kayak over the rack bars.  It was hot that day but the kayak had only been in the sun long enough to strap it down.  My kayak is a feel free lure 10 which has a rather large flat side (I store it on it's side in the garage).  Car is a Subaru Outback with factory rails.  The kids play boat on the other side had no issues. I'm thinking either I was doing it wrong or i need a larger bearing surface to rest the kayak on.  It travels fine normally on the foam pads with straps.  I ended up strapping the kids boat to the top of mine and diving that way. No issues, but I want to get another kayak.  Am I relegated to the land of trailers?  I like being able to store everything on the wall in the garage at the end of the trip.
Kayaking without wearing a PFD is like drunk driving.  You can get away with it for a while, but eventually someone dies.