Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 10:23:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:49:03 AM]

[Today at 09:04:10 AM]

[May 30, 2024, 09:48:30 AM]

[May 30, 2024, 09:40:29 AM]

[May 29, 2024, 02:46:19 PM]

[May 29, 2024, 01:49:12 PM]

[May 29, 2024, 11:59:33 AM]

[May 29, 2024, 11:42:05 AM]

[May 29, 2024, 11:40:13 AM]

by Spot
[May 29, 2024, 11:32:10 AM]

[May 28, 2024, 07:37:19 AM]

[May 28, 2024, 06:19:06 AM]

[May 27, 2024, 09:56:01 PM]

by PNW
[May 27, 2024, 03:12:21 PM]

[May 27, 2024, 07:56:46 AM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: MA10  (Read 6233 times)

henney

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Overslept today and missed the dawn patrol bite, and had to take off before tide change to go to work. Still managed to get one. There's a huge net stretched across about a mile of water right in front of the oil docks.

skinner

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
I got one first thing this morning and finally got my second unmarked at the 1:00 P.M. tide change .I did catch several unmarked between the two .The net was further north today ,they went right into the middle of the fleet and dispersed the net and let it drift south with the incoming tide .They did that several times picking it up just off the oil docks .I mostly fish on the north end of the fleet straight out from the park where I launch .I will be there again Friday and Saturday if anyone is interested .

henney

• Rockfish
i'll probably be there tomorrow.

henney

• Rockfish
Just one again today. There was a pod of orcas off Edmonds heading south towards Meadow Point this morning.

SciGuy

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Nice work! From my view on the ferry this morning, you had plenty of company.  I counted over 100 boats from Edmonds and to the South on my way into work this morning.

I'll be hitting it from the West side off Bainbridge in the morning.  Flinging flies at first light and then trolling hootchies with a herring strip once the bait moves to deeper water.  I do, however, have a Brad's rigged up and ready to go in case the hootchies don't produce.
Bill

Trident 13

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2016
I tip my hat to Mr Henney this morning.
I first went to Edmonds early just in time to see another kayaker coming back in after 30 minutes without wetting a line due to the wind.  Decided to try Meadow Park by Shilshole as it was kinda on the way home.  Was putting in as henney came to shore for a break,  with a nice coho in the bag.  We both went back out and gave it a try, but gusts backed by rollers made it tough.  Took a hard 30 minutes to get about 1/4 mile into the wind and what felt like a few seconds to get back.  4 mph on the GPS with about the only use of the paddle other than to stabalize, very little paddling at all.  We both called it a day.  Even the PB's were taking a pounding.  As one PB came by bouncing along at about 1/4 throttle I at least got a thumbs up, lol.

henney

• Rockfish
I was lucky to hook that fish before things got really out of hand. Checked the forecast when I got home and saw there's a small craft advisory for the sound today. Ugly out there.

Nice meeting you John.

SeatownYak

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Dec 2016
Has anyone been out in MA10 recently?  Just curious if the slivers are still around.

Trident 13

• Salmon
Some fish are around Meadow Park/Shilshole, based on what I saw last weekend.  I lost two that make me hang my head, not huge, but 4-5 lbers.  Counts seem to be dwindling based on what I saw/heard.  Haven't heard about Edmonds or further south.  The whole Shilshole bay is open now.

henney

• Rockfish
Double skunk for me last weekend. Saturday at Edmonds, Sunday as Shilshole. 1 takedown all weekend. Catch rates are down, but there's still enough fish around to make it worth the trip. I'll be out tomorrow morning, probably at Shilshole.

29 fish for 65 anglers checked yesterday at Shilshole.

gnomodom

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
A jack and native coho last weekend for me.

SeatownYak

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Dec 2016
I was thinking about trying Shilshole in the next couple days, possibly tomorrow morning. Were you fishing in the bay last weekend or closer to meadow point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trident 13

• Salmon
With high tide early you could launch asap and head north off the green buoy off golden gardens. Don’t overlook bait and fish just out of shore casting range passing the beach house, even one double back and out might be worth it if it’s semi dark. . Catch the tide across the bay toward westpoint. I lost my biggest of two (talk of shame) just inside the white buoy mid jetty. I was using a coyote spoon 3 feet behind a 1 ounce twist killing banana weight about 15 feet behind the cannon ball. Add 5-10 feet to your anticipated depth. Or, try a deep six 50-60 feet out with a squid/flasher like Ballard who BROUGHT home two fish. Lol.
Do watch for jack ward pb drivers rigging up while heading out, another reason to try close in out of the gate. I’m going to try Sat or Sunday with this same plan

gnomodom

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
Mine were both in about 250' of water, roughly straight west of the dragon that's on the jetty. I was trolling a glow squid about 80' depth  with a purple 11" flasher. I was also going fast, probably 3.5-4.5 MPH. The bite died down considerably after the dawn tide, but started picking back up before lunch.

Trident 13

• Salmon
To help those who haven't fished Shilshole, on an incoming tide, this is a reasonable route many try.  If you put in at the Garden, don't overlook circling just off shore.  If you head to the green buoy off the point, the tide (this weekend) will switch to incoming, so fish the buoy early as the tide will flow at a good rate after about 8 AM.  You can ride it toward where Gnom picked his up and then head in closer to the jetty on the paddle back to avoid heading into the tide.  I lost a good fish in 90 fw fishing 60ft about 1/4 way from the north end of the jetty.  You can usually pick up a back eddie near the beach again, paddle north and repeat.  If using downriggers, be aware the bottom comes up VERY quickly if you get between the green buoy on the north end and the beach.

This link will give you an idea of current based on Seattle tide flows and currents can be every bit as important as tide flows inside the sound. 
http://nsgl.gso.uri.edu/washu/washuc77001/washuc77001_part2.pdf
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 08:44:12 AM by Trident 13 »