Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2026, 03:14:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Hey all! New guy from Portland  (Read 2120 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Timbeer

  • Krill
  • *
  • Location: Portland
  • Date Registered: Sep 2018
  • Posts: 18
Hi all, I just finally bought a kayak after years of wanting to kayak fish (Hobie Compass), and I am very excited to explore our waters in a new way. I’ve been fishing all my life, growing up in Santa Cruz I spent a lot of time fishing Monterey Bay for salmon, rockfish and halibut. Besides using conventional gear, fly fishing in saltwater and freshwater has been a passion of mine. I’ve lived here in PDX for about 20 years and have had a few boats and an inflatable canoe that I’ve fished from.

I live close to Willamette park in Portland and just took my maiden voyage in the kayak on Saturday. It was a blast to catch a bunch of bass from the kayak and to not deal with a boat, motor, trailer etc.  I’m looking forward to getting out on the ocean and getting some rockfish. I’d love to meet up with some experienced kayak fishers out there who’d be willing to show me the ropes getting in and out at Pacific City or just get out locally in PDX.

Fish on,
Tim


 

anything