Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2026, 06:53:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: NA Thirsty Thursday - Feb 21 - Bottom Fishing Basics  (Read 11799 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Shin09

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Portland
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
  • Posts: 616
Thanks for the presentation last night.  One question I forgot to ask about: What about tides? Are you trying to time for a certain tide period or more concerned on the swell/wind forecast when deciding when to go?


Ling Banger

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Lincoln Beach, OR
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
  • Posts: 2589
Thanks for the presentation last night.  One question I forgot to ask about: What about tides? Are you trying to time for a certain tide period or more concerned on the swell/wind forecast when deciding when to go?

I don't know that they affect the bite much. It definitely can kick the surf up at PC on the high and low tides. Doesn't seem to do much at Depoe Bay.
"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy


craig

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Tualatin, OR
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
  • Posts: 3819
I mostly look at the tides for PC when I am dropping crab pots.  I only have 75 feet of rope to play with. If it is high tide I will drop them in about 40 Feet of water. If it is Low tide when I launch I will stick to about 30 FOW. 


SamM

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • McDowellHome
  • Location: Lake Oswego
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 486
I got my favorite lure outfit B2 Squid to donate some product so I'll have some give aways! Free beer and a free lure.

Thanks again Anthony and Next Adventure!  Great presentation, and I'm looking forward to trying out those B52 squids.

-Sam
got stop wishing,
     got to go fishing...
          - Jimmy Buffett

Hobie Oasis, Outback, i11s