Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2026, 03:22:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

by [WR]
[July 27, 2026, 10:08:05 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Mayne island fishing  (Read 7607 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Garrick

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Vancouver, BC
  • Date Registered: Jun 2018
  • Posts: 31
Hi all,

Sorry for only getting this out now.

Spent the May long weekend on Mayne island and was able to get out for one short kayak session. There were plenty of decent  rockfish around once I found the right pieces of structure. I caught them on 5" swimbaits (basspro sassy sally in frost or Houdini colours)and 1onz jig heads. I fished depths from 30-60 ft so the fish went back down easily. Also lucked a 75cm lingcod on 10lb braid. It followed the lure to the surface and took it at the last second- what a fight. Marked what I thought were salmon on the sounder, but could not get any bites on jigs. Think I am going to have to figure out how to mouch with live bait as the baitfish were quite small.

Fished for the shore with my dad and we caught quite a few small rockfish. We used grubs and small swimbaits to catch then.

Hope this helps someone.


 

anything