Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 01:09:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[June 06, 2024, 10:42:31 PM]

[June 05, 2024, 06:23:12 AM]

[June 04, 2024, 05:45:18 PM]

[June 04, 2024, 12:10:56 PM]

[June 03, 2024, 06:03:03 PM]

[June 03, 2024, 03:35:37 PM]

[June 03, 2024, 03:08:01 PM]

[June 03, 2024, 01:37:54 PM]

[June 02, 2024, 08:07:13 AM]

[June 02, 2024, 06:31:12 AM]

[June 02, 2024, 06:30:19 AM]

[May 31, 2024, 09:49:03 AM]

[May 30, 2024, 09:48:30 AM]

[May 30, 2024, 09:40:29 AM]

[May 29, 2024, 02:46:19 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Rockfish on the fly with Drifter2007

Topic: We're closed, boys.  (Read 5347 times)

workhard

• Salmon
  • Get off your computer and fish
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
I saw this article posted on a fbook forum:
https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2020/apr/16/fishing-hunting-closures-could-become-more-targete/

I'm hoping that the data supports the opening of some fisheries. Maybe something similar to what was done in California, where rural fisheries were closed.

In the meantime, I applaud WDFW's effort to lessen the spread of COVID-19 infections.

I would just expect WDFW to reopen fisheries whenever Inslee lifts the stay at home order.

A diamond in this COVID fishing rough might be the halibut. Each state gets a halibut quota from federal fisheries managers, I can't see WA letting theirs go to waste. We might see halibut openers going into the good weather of summer. This might be a year to catch a halibut of the kayak.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 10:54:35 AM by workhard »

bogueYaker

• Lingcod
  • Pace the halls and climb the walls
  • Date Registered: Aug 2019
A diamond in this COVID fishing rough might be the halibut. Each state gets a halibut quota from federal fisheries managers, I can't see WA letting theirs go to waste. We might see halibut openers going into the good weather of summer. This might be a year to catch a halibut of the kayak.

That's buoying news for sure. I mean, it's speculation, but I had written off the possibility of chasing big flounder this spring.... So knowing that they might still be fishable this year is pretty cool.

workhard

• Salmon

That's buoying news for sure. I mean, it's speculation, but I had written off the possibility of chasing big flounder this spring.... So knowing that they might still be fishable this year is pretty cool.

We'll get halibut this year man.

Helium Head

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Kayaking on Hagg Lake yesterday, it was a zoo, seemed like it was the only lake open in all of Oregon!
Hobie Revolution 13 olive
Hobie Revolution 13 yellow

workhard

• Salmon

snopro

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008

workhard

• Salmon
Seattle Times preview.

https://www.seattletimes.com/life/outdoors/inslee-to-re-open-washington-state-boating-fishing/

Nice. Hopefully I'll be to whack some Chinook in 13 next week, or at the least get some rockfish on the coast.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 12:25:19 PM by workhard »

snopro

• Sturgeon
Other than Marine Areas 1-4 and clams/shellfish, it sounds like it's game on for everything else on May 5th.  I know where I'll be.  How about you guys?

workhard

• Salmon
Other than Marine Areas 1-4 and clams/shellfish, it sounds like it's game on for everything else on May 5th.  I know where I'll be.  How about you guys?

I'll be having fish tacos for Cinco de mayo.

RoxnDox

• Salmon
  • Native Propel
  • Date Registered: Sep 2013
I would be happy just to go out on my yak and catch flounder or dogfish or whatever... I don’t care  8)
Junk Jigs "BEST USE OF ACTUAL JUNK" category - "That tape should have been a prized possession and not junk. That will be a collectors item in 30 years!” & “There sure is a lot of junk in there.”

Zach.Dennis

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2015
Whats this mean for out of state people.  ARe we able to fish washingon waters if we buy a license?
2021 1st Place ORC
2023 1st Place ORC

snopro

• Sturgeon
I think so. When Susewind talked about what would be opening he was specific about what would stay closed and didn't say anything about out of state folks.  I hope Oregon opens back up to out of staters on the 5th.

Edit:  I don't see anything stopping Oregoogans from fishing WA.  Edit 2:  As long as you bought your out of state license before the announcement.  No out of state licences are currently being sold.  I was wondering if something like this would go down so I bought mine at 1pm today. ;)

Fishing and Shellfishing
Fishing and shellfishing seasons:  On May 5, all freshwater fisheries will open, as will Puget Sound saltwater fisheries (Marine Areas 5-13), except for halibut, shrimp and intertidal shellfish. Coastal saltwater (Marine Areas 1-4) fishing and shellfish harvesting remain closed.
Razor clams: Planned razor clam digs have been canceled until further notice.
Catch record cards: Return via mail or hold onto them until you are safe to drop off.
Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) Check Stations: AIS check stations are still active, and WDFW staff are inspecting watercraft for invasive species.
Remaining closures:
Halibut, shrimp, intertidal shellfish harvesting and coastal saltwater (Marine Areas 1-4) fishing and shellfish harvesting remain closed.
All family fishing events, outdoor workshops, and other group activities are still canceled.
All camping and overnight accommodations on state lands remains closed until further notice.
https://wdfw.wa.gov/about/covid-19-updates

« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 04:58:51 PM by snopro »

workhard

• Salmon
as will Puget Sound saltwater fisheries (Marine Areas 5-13)

If you plan on fishing for Chinook - only 13 will be open until July when 5, 6, 7, 11, and 12 open. July 16th for 9 and 10.

Here are the salmon seasons:
https://wdfw.wa.gov/sites/default/files/2020-04/2020-21-puget-sound-recreational-chinook-coho.pdf
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 04:58:53 PM by workhard »