Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2026, 01:47:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Revo rudder Mod. ideas  (Read 13125 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

fishman

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Port Townsend, Wa
  • Date Registered: Aug 2012
  • Posts: 28
Final modification. I hope to test it next week. I should be able to switch back and forth in a few minutes.
The stainless cap screws with nylock nuts are the finishing touch.


fishman

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Port Townsend, Wa
  • Date Registered: Aug 2012
  • Posts: 28
I tested my modification out in the sound yesterday. It worked great.
It would be an easy add on and be cheaper than buying a Hobie sailing rudder.
The quick change issue is why I made it.


Squidder_K

  • Rockfish
  • ****
  • A bad day of fishing is still better than a good d
  • Location: Bremerton, WA
  • Date Registered: Sep 2018
  • Posts: 157
I was going to suggest Kydex as well.
US Army & Army National Guard Veteran of 34 years
Veteran 36th Infantry Division "The Fighting Texans!," FOB Danger, Tikrit Iraq 2005
Boston Sports Fan since 1967, I have seen the highs, and the lows of Boston sports teams.
aka Kevin


fishman

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Port Townsend, Wa
  • Date Registered: Aug 2012
  • Posts: 28
I have used Kydex and Holstex for a bunch of things. It's fun to work with. You can mold it to what ever you want. Add heat and a riveter and you are good to go.


Helium Head

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Outer NW Portland
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
  • Posts: 385
Great to hear it worked!
Hobie Revolution 13 olive
Hobie Revolution 13 yellow


fishman

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Port Townsend, Wa
  • Date Registered: Aug 2012
  • Posts: 28
Thanks, It was easy to make.