Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2026, 01:07:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Keeping Sounders and Electronics from Salt Corrosion  (Read 19831 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BentRod

  • Rockfish
  • ****
  • Location: Issaquah
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
  • Posts: 139
+1 for the Salt Away.  Also use it religiously on anything that touches saltwater, including my electronics. 

Did a little research.  Sounds like Boeshield is recommended for protection against any structural corrosion, but not recommended for electronics as it may interfere with connections.  Obviously people here have been using it successfully, so must be a minor issue.

Corrosion X is recommended for all electronics.  I have zero experience with Boeshield as you all have introduced me to it just recently.  I have been using Corrosion X for a few years now and will go through and give everything a dose about once a year.  I've had great success with it myself. 

I plan to pick up some Boeshield for non-electronic application.  Sounds like a good product. 


Captain Redbeard

  • Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • *****
  • Location: Portland, OR
  • Date Registered: May 2013
  • Posts: 3348
I have had similar issues getting a bit to agressive with the dialectic grease. Need to go very easy. I have a can of electronic spray cleaner I use a lot and that gets the grease out. https://www.amazon.com/CRC-05103-Electronic-Cleaner-11/dp/B000BXOGNI/ref=sr_1_3?crid=7VTHYN156SSI&keywords=electric+contact+cleaner&qid=1685016221&sprefix=electric+contact+spray+cleaner%2Caps%2C143&sr=8-3

I appreciate the suggestion. I got some of the cleaner and freshened up my electrical connections on the kayak and trailer. Don't know why I've never used something like that before.


 

anything