Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2026, 11:31:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Any Cannon Mini-Troll thoughts?  (Read 4597 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toddwmac

  • Krill
  • *
  • Date Registered: Mar 2008
  • Posts: 10
Greertings;
I searched on this unit and did not hit so if I missed a discussion, sorry about that.

I'm just rigging my new Outfitter and want to add a downrigger. While I'm mainly use the kayak for bass fishing, I will hang it in my big boat and do some saltwater fishing once in a while.  I was considering the Mini-Troll but since I'm new to kayak fishing...and I guess trolling in general...I thought I'd see if there were any concerns about the product.

Thanks
T


bsteves

  • Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • *****
  • Better fishing through science
  • Location: Portland, OR
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
  • Posts: 4584
The only concern I have with the Connon Mini-Troll is that is requires you to clamp it on somewhere. 
If you can figure out a good way to mount the Cannon to your kayak I think you'll be okay.

I prefer the Scotty's 1073 Lake Troller that fits a regular Scotty mount (which I use for my rod holders anyway).
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh


ZeeHawk

  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • *****
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Location: Seattle, WA
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
  • Posts: 5506
I prefer the Scotty's 1073 Lake Troller that fits a regular Scotty mount (which I use for my rod holders anyway).\

X2. Very kayak friendly.

Z
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy