Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2026, 10:34:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 10:54:03 AM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Get your dry suit serviced!!!  (Read 3260 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

polepole

  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • *****
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Location: San Jose, CA :(
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
  • Posts: 10099
Holy Smoke!!! I sent my drysuit in for servicing at the Kokatat Factory.  I needed new seals.  But while they were at it, they leak tested the suit and fixed ANY AND ALL possible leaks.  Actually, I didn't think I had any leaks, but they identified 100's of possible pin pricks and fixed them all.  They even reinforced the seals in problem areas like the socks.  I kid you not ... 100's, and I really didn't think I had any leaks.  I had previously found a couple of pin pricks that I fixed myself, but that was it, after 2.5 years of service.  I had this done on the pro staff discount (free!!!), but out of curiosity I asked about the normal cost of such a service.  The answer was $15-25, plus shipping.  What?!?  Just do it.  New neck seals is $60 and new wrist seals is $29.  I seem to blow out my neck seal once a year, but this was the first time I replaced the wrists seals.  They weren't blown out yet, but they had the weathered, dried out look that was begging for replacement.  And yes, I 303 them regularly.

-Allen


jself

  • Guest
Their service and product are second to none.



Pelagic

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Oregon City & Netarts
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
  • Posts: 2469
Awesome!  I brought my suit home from the coast Sunday because it has a leak or two I discovered over Thanksgiving (did a lot of deep wading raking Crabs).  Was going to try to fix it myself, but not any more!  What's the drill to send it in..


jself

  • Guest
you can send it direct. check out http://www.kokatat.com