Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2026, 11:54:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Anyone yakfish the Ocean Shores, Pacific Beach, Wa. area?  (Read 4845 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wetwhopper

  • Rockfish
  • ****
  • Location: Pacific Beach, Wa.
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006
  • Posts: 128
I've been wondering if anyone with a real "big pair" has braved the surf to go fishing out in the Pacific where I live here in Ocean Shores-Pacific Beach, Wa. area.

I know there's great fishing and crabbing but have yet to see a yak fisherman out here? Is it just too dangerous, or is it just not a widely known yakfishing spot?

 


capeck

  • Plankton
  • *
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • Posts: 1
I don't know about the fishing part...but as far as the "big pair" issue goes, there's a WOMAN who runs a little B&B in Ocean Shores who yak surfs EVERY DAY from April to October.   She paddles a Kaos.  Get this...she's 55 years old!   cute too.   the world is full of cool surprises, eh?  cap


wetwhopper

  • Rockfish
  • ****
  • Location: Pacific Beach, Wa.
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006
  • Posts: 128
WOW! I have to meet this woman! I'll have to go introduce myseld to her. I also notices three guys in VERY SHORT yaks surfing with helmets on. hmmm...


polepole

  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • *****
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Location: San Jose, CA :(
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
  • Posts: 10099
I also notices three guys in VERY SHORT yaks surfing with helmets on. hmmm...

Different breed of kayaks ... specialized for the surf zone.

Capeck ... Welcome!!!

-Allen


wetwhopper

  • Rockfish
  • ****
  • Location: Pacific Beach, Wa.
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006
  • Posts: 128
There are many of us (wannabe kayak anglers) right on the coast who would love to fish in the open ocean, but I think fishing kayak choices are very limmited for these large and long surf type conditions. I bet if Ocean Kayak or whoever developed a short surf type kayak with some fishing convenience they would sell like hotcakes. What do u think?
 regards, wetwhopper
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 11:43:12 AM by wetwhopper »


 

anything