Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2026, 10:01:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Ocean Kayak Prowler 13  (Read 3817 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

redfish85

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • sunrise OK Prowler T13
  • Location: Seattle, wa
  • Date Registered: Jun 2007
  • Posts: 234
Anyone out there have a Prowler 13 who can give me some feed back about how good of a yak they are or if theres any problems you have with them... been doin alot of research lately (sadly though still dont have a yak -_-) and am leaning twards one of these now that I've seen some of the pakages they have out for them...


boxofrain

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Brookings, Or.
  • Date Registered: May 2006
  • Posts: 1015
I own the P-13,

 I love it! fits my small size ( 5'-8" 135#) and is fast enough to get me where the fish are in time to get in some fishing!
 I can stack my traps and all the gear for Crabbing on her
 Plenty of room for gear for a whole day on the water. (food water etc....)
 Light enough I can hoist and haul it ( with shoulder disability)
 also my mental sanctuary, I can get on and paddle my cares away.................

 The feet get a bit wet some times as my scuppers leak a little (waaaah)
 gotta come in straight and fast behind the waves in the surf as the chine is a bit steep and she gets sideways on me easy (yes I have had the nose in the sand and the tail in the air a couple of times)
  THE WORST IS   I don't get out as much as I would like to!
 Good luck in your search for a Yak my Friend
the memories of a man in his old age, are the deeds of a man in his prime.


polepole

  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • *****
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Location: San Jose, CA :(
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
  • Posts: 10099
The Prowler 13 is a great all around yak.  It's no coincidence that I used them on the last couple of Alaska adventures I've been on.  Above average speed.  Decent stability.  Nicely laid out cockpit for pimping out.  It's one of those yaks that I would recommend to anyone without knowing anything about them.

-Allen


polepole

  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • *****
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Location: San Jose, CA :(
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
  • Posts: 10099
BTW, Outdoor Play has some Prowler 13 Angler Editions on sale for 10% off right now at ~$810 ... http://www.outdoorplay.com/store/product.asp?DID=150&PDID=8&SKU=BSO_OKP13A.  Tax free and shipping included.

Not a bad deal.

-Allen


 

anything