Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2026, 01:13:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:43:41 AM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: A Day of Firsts  (Read 2868 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

YarrowYakker

  • Herring
  • **
  • Eric Berg
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
  • Posts: 28
As I wrote last week, I have been in search of my first salmon in the new/used kayak/drysuit Sequim Salty gave me such a good deal on. I launched from Mukilteo this AM in search of an early pink. It took me most of the morning but I finally found one sneaking in ahead of the crowd. It's still too early there for the pinks but it was fun catching my first of the season. Speaking of firsts - it was also my first use of my new NWKA Hawg Trough (thanks Polepole). I clipped the end of the head off the picture - but it is not being entered in anything so - no worries. I guess I need some practice with my phone camera. Finally, it was the my first use of a drysuit relief zipper! I don't know how I got along without that.

The second picture is of a serious powerboat sharing the water with me this morning. I swear I saw a couple of downriggers coming off the back  :) Probably headed into Seattle for SeaFair weekend and doing some trolling along the way.


coosbayyaker

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • "Hooky Thing"
  • Location: Coos Bay Oregon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007
  • Posts: 3862
Good job double Y!! congrats on the first salmon the yak!

That is for sure a real power(fire) boat....
See ya on the water..
Roy



kardinal_84

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Location: Anchorage, AK
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
  • Posts: 4216
Congrats!  After fishing for decades, this is my first year on a yak and its scary addictive now that I have hit a few nice salmon!  Buyer Beware...in a whole different way!
Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com


craig

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Tualatin, OR
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
  • Posts: 3819
Congratulations on the first salmon from the kayak.  Those relief zippers sure come in handy, don't they. :)


 

anything