Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2026, 09:45:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Wanted: 2 paddles  (Read 3785 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

the quadfather

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Seattle, WA. USA
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 47
Got my first angling Yak.  Ocean Malibu two XL angling kayak, tandem.  I am looking for two paddles.  I am new to this stuff, but I have done some reading.  I believe that I need one paddle at 230 cm.  I have to kids, 12 and 14.... what does that make them, about 4'8"  and 5'0"  maybe?   So maybe I go with a second paddle at 230 cm?  I am thinking  they will grow.
I like the lightness of the carbon paddles I felt.  REI was out of everything.... and they pissed me off tonight, so I'm looking online.  I also prefer a wider style blade to push more water.

Whatya got?  ;D


micahgee

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: W. Seattle
  • Date Registered: May 2011
  • Posts: 1338
230cm should be fine.

Try West Marine, Cabelas etc. They should have paddles in stock.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 10:40:15 PM by micahgee »
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

www.heroesonthewater.org