Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2026, 11:41:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Should I trade/exchange my rod?  (Read 4453 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

demonick

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Domenick Venezia, Author
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
  • Posts: 2835
I have both the rods you are considering the 8-6XH and the 9XH.  I used the 9XH for a couple of years.  I got the 8-6XH as a backup rod when I damaged (and repaired) one of the guides on the 9XH. 

There is not much difference between these rods.  Either keep the 9XH or trade it for an 8-6XH, but your second rod should be a significantly different rod.  The 8-6XH and 9XH are fine all-around rods, and good salmon rods.  When I started targeting sturgeon and halibut (no joy on either yet) I found them wanting and got a couple (I like to have backups) stout Ugly Stik Tigers.  Now I seem to use the Ugly for almost everything except casting. 
demonick
Author, Linc Malloy Legacies -- Action/Adventure/Thrillers
2021 Chanticleer Finalist - Global Thriller Series & High Stakes Fiction
Rip City Legacy, Book 6 latest release!
DomenickVenezia.com


 

anything