Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 11:08:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:26:18 AM]

[June 02, 2024, 04:48:44 PM]

[June 02, 2024, 08:07:13 AM]

[June 02, 2024, 06:31:12 AM]

[June 02, 2024, 06:30:19 AM]

[May 31, 2024, 09:49:03 AM]

[May 30, 2024, 09:48:30 AM]

[May 30, 2024, 09:40:29 AM]

[May 29, 2024, 02:46:19 PM]

[May 29, 2024, 01:49:12 PM]

[May 29, 2024, 11:59:33 AM]

[May 29, 2024, 11:42:05 AM]

[May 29, 2024, 11:40:13 AM]

by Spot
[May 29, 2024, 11:32:10 AM]

[May 28, 2024, 07:37:19 AM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Hello from Linglady  (Read 3895 times)

Linglady

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Mar 2012
Hello,
I'm linglady. My first fish was a stocked rainbow trout at Green Lake, WA when I was three. Have been fishing a little here and there since then. Got into kayak fishing a year ago and upping my time fishing since then. What was your first fish?

fishnut

• Salmon
  • 1st Recipient of 2012 A$$hat Award
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
Welcome Linglady. Assuming you're first real catch was Lee but correct me if I'm wrong.
glad to have you aboard and hope to meet you in the future.

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
Welcome! My first fish was probably a "green trout" which is what us coonasses call largemouth bass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iHop

"Of all the things that wisdom provides to help one live one's entire life in happiness, the greatest by far is the possession of friendship." Epicurus

Hobie Tandem Island. OK Tetra 12, Jackson Coosa

• Date Registered: Feb 2009
Welcome, Linglady!

My first fish I remember was a 2 lb bonito at Berth 5 in the LA Harbor 40 years ago (as a 4 year old). Dad said I was catching perch at 3 in Ensenada, BCN.

True
"This above all: to thine own self, be true, and it must follow, as the day the night, thou canst not then be false to any man."

akfishergal

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2011
Hey Linglady -- So pleased to see another fisherwoman on this board. Welcome.

My first fish was a large mouth bass caught on a Mister Twister from a weed bed on Wampler Lake in Pike County, Indiana -- 33 years ago.  I can still close my eyes and watch the scene unfold. Hooked ever since.

sherminator

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
A bluegill or a crappie, on a cane pole, at Rocky Fork Lake in SW Ohio. It was with my grandpa, back in the '60's. I must have been about six or seven years old.

My grandpa was a real fisherman. One story had him getting in a wreck during a multi-day trip. His poles survived intact, so he just went to the nearest Pontiac dealership and got himself a new Bonneville and continued on his way. He died a happy man while hitching his boat to the Bonneville to go on another fishing trip.
15x tournament loser
2011 Hobie Oasis (yellow)
2014 Hobie Revo  (red)
2017 Aquaglide Blackfoot HB Angler XL

SteveHawk

• ORC
  • Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
Welcome to the group.My first catch was a Trout from Detroit lake somewhere around the age of 4 or 5. I loved that old Zebco reel.

SteveHawk
"if you aren't living life on the edge, your just taking up space"  Thom Rock

Green Outback, Blue Revo

OlySpec

• FatYakker
  • Salmon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
Welcome!

First fish was a perch in an apartment lake in NE Texas.  I was very young...
Hobie Pro Angler
FatYakker's Journey - http://fatyakker.blogspot.com

“It is a crime to have amphibious power and leave it unused.”

— Winston Churchill

andyjade

• Sturgeon
  • Photo Dump
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Wait, Lee's fiancee' is on here now?  Does this mean I have to tone down the lewd and sometimes innuendo-based bro-talk that has become the basis of my relationship with His Largeness?  No more shall be mentionings of GoPro livestock mounts, Gamecube night, and Natty Ice.  Sigh.  It's probably for the best, though.  Welcome aboard.

First fish was a rainbow trout caught from a rubber raft that was packed into a wee lake in the high Cascades.  Dad and I did that a lot when I was a wee little thing.
Blog/Photo Dump

Editor, The Milkcrate, Kayak Angler Lifestyle.

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
Wait, Lee's fiancee' is on here now?  Does this mean I have to tone down the lewd and sometimes innuendo-based bro-talk that has become the basis of my relationship with His Largeness?  No more shall be mentionings of GoPro livestock mounts, Gamecube night, and Natty Ice.  Sigh.  It's probably for the best, though.  Welcome aboard.

No, you don't.

I was a wee little thing.

You still are   ;D

deepcolor

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2008
Welcome Linglady.  Hopefully, in about a month, you'll have a new avatar of linglady holding a huge Sucia lady ling.  First fish had to be a bluegill or sunfish out of Pigeon lake near Bobcageon, Ontario.  We spent some great summers on the water up there.
...as soon as the Advil kicks in...

demonick

• Sturgeon
  • Domenick Venezia, Author
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
Perch on a worm off a low wooden dock at Enatai Beach back when I-90 was Highway 10 and you could jump off the East Channel bridge.

Sometime around that time I think I saw the monster sturgeon that is rumored to haunt the Lake Washington.  It swam under the dock and at one point the head was on one side and the tail on the other.  The dock was probably 6 feet wide.  My Dad didn't see it. 

I hope there are others:
http://www.nytimes.com/1987/11/07/us/dead-sturgeon-puts-an-end-to-monster-tales-in-washington-state.html
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 09:10:56 AM by demonick »
demonick
Author, Linc Malloy Legacies -- Action/Adventure/Thrillers
2021 Chanticleer Finalist - Global Thriller Series & High Stakes Fiction
Rip City Legacy, Book 6 latest release!
DomenickVenezia.com

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
My first fish was freaking old crusty boot at some water hole that my dad took us to for years on opening day of trout season in Washington. 
I think it was called the "Ice House" or something along those lines.  It is located just across the highway from the Bridge of the Gods coming over from Cascade Locks, Oregon.

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**

First fish was a rainbow trout caught from a rubber raft that was packed into a wee lake in the high Cascades.  Dad and I did that a lot when I was a wee little thing.

Jadester, she'll probably squash you with comebacks. Can't wait to see you flounder.  ;D

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

demonick

• Sturgeon
  • Domenick Venezia, Author
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
... I think it was called the "Ice House" or something along those lines.  It is located just across the highway from the Bridge of the Gods coming over from Cascade Locks, Oregon.

It's still right where you remember it.  Just search Google Earth for "ice house lake, WA". 
demonick
Author, Linc Malloy Legacies -- Action/Adventure/Thrillers
2021 Chanticleer Finalist - Global Thriller Series & High Stakes Fiction
Rip City Legacy, Book 6 latest release!
DomenickVenezia.com