Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2026, 08:56:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: trolling with deep six divers  (Read 18540 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Yaktrap

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Seattle WA
  • Date Registered: Jul 2012
  • Posts: 712
White Candlefish 2 oz. is my go-to bottom bouncing jig. Green/white works well at times, and Blue/Pink/White is a nice combo also. If I can get a 1 oz. to stick to the bottom I go down to that, and if the current picks up I go up to 4 oz. Smeared with herring gel helps a lot. I've tried tipping it with herring strips but it seems to mess with the jig action. For brands, Pt Wilson Dart works well but sort of expensive, crippled herring produces too. I like the Dungeness Stinger, pick them up at Swains in PA (or buy online) they are about $3 each for 2 oz. without hooks. Add a swivel between hook and jig allows the jig to move around a bit more without the hook acting as a rudder.

All that said, it hasn't produced for me for days now. I was off Meadow Pt this morning (MA10), and nobody was catching NUTTIN'. Some bait in 50 - 100 feet near the green buoy, and got some fish to boil up under the lure at the surface but I didn't see a single fish landed for about 30 boats. It's slowed down a lot since last week. Good time to hit the lakes.
Sponsors:
Werner Paddles, RAM Mounts and Kokatat Waterwear

AOTY wins: 2013 (2049 points), 2015 (2026 points)


maverick

  • Rockfish
  • ****
  • Location: Ballard
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
  • Posts: 149
shouldve stuck to west point! i just got back and landed another king.. hehehe.
green/nickel dart jig... i've been using the same 3.5oz size with a stinger hook, hooks and line smothered in "salmon feast" scent for the past two weeks and it hasnt got me skunked yet! that makes 5 kings in 4 days.

i dont know if it will work forever but i won't give up faith.


Yaktrap

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Seattle WA
  • Date Registered: Jul 2012
  • Posts: 712
Darn, I was there yesterday and it was dead...shudda been there today.  Good going, pack up that freezer.  Still got the evening bite today. Still plenty going thru the locks.
Sponsors:
Werner Paddles, RAM Mounts and Kokatat Waterwear

AOTY wins: 2013 (2049 points), 2015 (2026 points)