Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 07:08:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:32:46 AM]

[Today at 06:23:12 AM]

[June 04, 2024, 05:45:18 PM]

[June 04, 2024, 12:10:56 PM]

[June 03, 2024, 06:03:03 PM]

[June 03, 2024, 03:35:37 PM]

[June 03, 2024, 03:08:01 PM]

[June 03, 2024, 01:37:54 PM]

[June 02, 2024, 08:07:13 AM]

[June 02, 2024, 06:31:12 AM]

[June 02, 2024, 06:30:19 AM]

[May 31, 2024, 09:49:03 AM]

[May 30, 2024, 09:48:30 AM]

[May 30, 2024, 09:40:29 AM]

[May 29, 2024, 02:46:19 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Rockfish on the fly with Drifter2007

Topic: Heroes on the Water at the Portland Boat Show - Volunteers Needed!  (Read 4683 times)

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
O'Loughlin Trade Shows has generously donated a booth to HOW Portland at the upcoming Portland Boat Show at the Expo Center January 9-13.

We need some volunteers to help staff the booth each day from Open to Close. I'd like to have 2-3 folks for each 3-4 hour shift. You'll get a free ticket to that day's show and help us connect with the Vets and make some great new friends.

Here are the time slots we need to fill:

Tuesday 1/8
Booth Set Up - 1-5

Wednesday 1/9
10-2
2-6
6-9

Thursday 1/10
10-2
2-6
6-9

Friday 1/11
10-2
2-6
6-9

Saturday 1/12
10-2
2-6
6-9

Sunday 1/13
10-2
2-6
Tear Down 6-8

Note: Parking after 5 PM is free.

Please reply here or PM me if you're able to help us.

We are also working on getting the Booth designed, if you have skills or connections in creating banners, brochures, etc. Please contact me.
iHop

"Of all the things that wisdom provides to help one live one's entire life in happiness, the greatest by far is the possession of friendship." Epicurus

Hobie Tandem Island. OK Tetra 12, Jackson Coosa

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
Bumping this. We still need volunteers to staff the HOW - PDX booth at the show.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
iHop

"Of all the things that wisdom provides to help one live one's entire life in happiness, the greatest by far is the possession of friendship." Epicurus

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
Can really use some help on Saturday and Sunday and evenings during the week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iHop

ndogg

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • "Fists of Fury"
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
I can help one afternoon during the week and Sunday afternoon through breakdown. 

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
Thanks Nate. I'll get you a badge.

iHop

ndogg

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • "Fists of Fury"
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
Oops got my dates messed up, I can work Saturday not Sunday. 

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
If you get a chance, come visit us at the Portland Boat Show starting tomorrow through Sunday. We're at Booth 153 in the far Southwest corner, next to the Power Squadron and Corps of Engineers.

Thanks to all the volunteers who stepped up to help man the booth! If anyone else wants to come help out, let me know and I'll put your name on the list for free entry.

iHop

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
And bring your checkbooks!

After your wife tells you "for the last time, NO you can't buy a NorthRiver sled." You can always make a tax deductible contribution to help a Wounded Warrior discover the peace and happiness we all already know and love.

Who knows, he or she may become your BKFF (Best Kayak Fishing Buddy)!
"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
Here's a Vet who was very excited about getting out on a kayak with us. Hope to see some of you at the Boat Show this weekend. We're at the far southwest corner.
iHop

Noah

• Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Nice work H!

Isn't the booth actually in the NW corner?

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
Nope, southwest.

iHop

jim-dawg

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
Had a great time at the boat show helping Ihop out at the Heroes on the Water booth Wed. and Thu.  Would have loved to help out this week-end but have to do my security gig.  Was great meeting Kellie and Richard, also good to spend some time with Noah, Sinker, Wobbler and Ling Banger.  Got a couple of Vets to sign up and look forward to seeing them on the water.  Also had a nice young lady named Amber sign up to volunteer, so that was awesome.  All of you that are working this week-end keep up the good work and let's get some more Heroes  on board.  Anthony, I forgot to grab my little fish looking jig lure, so take it with you and try it out if you decide to get in some salt this coming week.  Would love to go out but have to get down to the property while the weather is nice and get some excavating done.  Anyway, tie that jig on and catch a monster for me.  Yak at you guys soon.  Keep up the good work......

Jimbo

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
Thanks Jimbo,

It was awesome having you there, you have some great stories that really helped pass the time. I'll grab your puffin jig, but I won't fish it. We'll get a little rain and you can come to ORC and take home the blue ribbon with that bad boy.

jim-dawg

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
10-4  Did the crowd pick up at all yesterday?

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
Just wanted to say a big thank you to all the NWKA that stopped by to say hello, and especially those that stepped up to volunteer for HOW PDX!

We only raised a couple hundred bucks,  but we made a good amount of connections with lots of Wounded Warriors that really need, and will truly benefit from, a day on the water fishing from a kayak.

The yacht snobs really aren't our crowd anyway, so we look forward to seeing many more of you "good ol' guys and gals" in a couple of weeks at the Pacific Northwest Sportsmen's Show.

Start squirreling away some pocket change for us because we have to purchase some immersion wear in various sizes before we can safely get these deserving folks out on the water.

See you guys Feb. 6th-10th!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 10:05:52 PM by Ling Banger »

anything