Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 10:58:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:31:23 AM]

by Plap
[May 15, 2024, 08:48:08 AM]

[May 14, 2024, 08:15:34 AM]

by jed
[May 14, 2024, 07:03:59 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:48:33 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: ORC 2011 Prefish Thread  (Read 7330 times)

Stumblefish

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: May 2011
I'm tempted to join but I'm not sure my clothing is sufficient. If its reasonably calm and 70 degrees , what do you consider minimum dress?
Also, whats the water temp, 50 degrees?

islandson671

• Heroes On The Water NWest
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
Micahgee

I'm heading down with pdw9mm on Thursday AM...We're gonna try an Prefish on Thursday and Friday. PM sent

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
You guys don't tire yourselves out. Be sure to put a post it note on your offering that says "bait" so they know what it is when the rest of us get there.

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

Yarjammer

• Salmon
  • Captain of the Titanic
  • Date Registered: May 2008
I'm tempted to join but I'm not sure my clothing is sufficient. If its reasonably calm and 70 degrees , what do you consider minimum dress?
Also, whats the water temp, 50 degrees?

Honestly, pretty much the same as if it were 40* or 50* outside.  We strongly advocate dressing for immersion.  Depending on your size (they should fit 5'8"-6'1" and average weight), I can loan you a pair of 3mm neoprene chest waders if you can get your hands on a splash/dry top. 

Stumblefish

• Rockfish
Think I better just go on the Columbia in my light gear for now.All this will come together better when I drop more weight. I keep remembering warm days in san Diego when I never needed any suit. >:(

FishSniffer

• Lingcod
  • Hobie Mirage Adv., Outback SUV, OK Scrambler XT's
  • Midcoast Chapter of Northwest Steelheaders
  • Date Registered: Apr 2008
Stumblefish, you can rent a surfing wetsuit at Ossie's (North Newport) for $20 and still come play with us.

Stumblefish

• Rockfish
I never thought of doin that, 'sniffer, thats a great idea. I'm gonna still work up some skills and paddle the local stuff this weekend. But for ORC, I think ill head by there just to have one to try.
 I got my vacation time sent to the temporary boss,Thurs, Fri and Monday even, was worth it just to peave him.When i return  i might just say  "You're still here?" and reach for the vacation time folder again.  >:D :laugh:

jimst

• Perch
  • ling
  • pictures
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
Looking good for the ORC!  Friday better than Sat.  Magicseaweed.com was right:
Yesterday was a good ocean in a PB.  Pictures at phase.com/llmjls/fishn go to the last page.

http://magicseaweed.com/Cape-Kiwanda-Surf-Report/560/multiSwell/us/#forecastTable

If you take pictures in a trough you can count points and upgrade with later fish caught in the tourney, right?
We caught a bigger ling after keeping 2.  I am looking for takers for some of this. Hate to freeze it!

Fungunnin

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
I never thought of doin that, 'sniffer, thats a great idea. I'm gonna still work up some skills and paddle the local stuff this weekend. But for ORC, I think ill head by there just to have one to try.
 I got my vacation time sent to the temporary boss,Thurs, Fri and Monday even, was worth it just to peave him.When i return  i might just say  "You're still here?" and reach for the vacation time folder again.  >:D :laugh:

I have an extra splash top that is a large. I am 6'3" 230 and can fit in it but definately at the upper end of filling out the jacket. I'll bring it along. It would pair well enough with either breathable waders or Neoprene. I think I have a pair of L and XL breathables around the garage.
Let me know.

Stumblefish

• Rockfish
That ought to work well, thanks, I have some bottoms with the attached footies/socks, I plan on getting the upper eventually too. Soo much gear to aquire lol.

anything