Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:26:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 01:10:00 PM]

[Today at 11:40:28 AM]

[Today at 10:55:19 AM]

[Today at 10:49:19 AM]

by [WR]
[May 18, 2024, 04:51:53 PM]

[May 17, 2024, 08:35:26 PM]

by Spot
[May 16, 2024, 08:44:06 PM]

by [WR]
[May 16, 2024, 05:38:38 PM]

by Plap
[May 15, 2024, 08:48:08 AM]

[May 14, 2024, 08:15:34 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: We're closed, boys.  (Read 5249 times)

workhard

• Salmon
  • Get off your computer and fish
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015

alpalmer

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
that's unfortunate.
"A venturesome minority will always be eager to get off on their own,
and no obstacle should be placed in their path;
let them take risk, for God sake, let them get lost, sun burnt, stranded, drowned,
eaten by bears, buried alive under avalanches -
that is the right and privilege of any free American."
--Edward Abbey--

snopro

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
I wonder if Oregon is far behind?

Clayman

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
I wonder if Oregon is far behind?
Getting my steelhead gear ready to hit the river as soon as I see the announcement.

I'm worried that if fishing remains open in Oregon, a bunch of Washington folks may cross the border to get their fix. Similar to how all the Portland/Willamette Valley people flooded the coastline this last weekend.
aMayesing Bros.

alpalmer

• Salmon
based on what I read in the linked article for Washington,   they didn't appear to close down boat ramps and access points like Oregon did.  I hope this is enough of a difference to keep fishing open, at least here on the Oregon coast.
let them take risk, for God sake, let them get lost, sun burnt, stranded, drowned,
--Edward Abbey--

dampainter

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
just found out depoe by and newport are both closed. :-[

Casey

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
Let’s hope this thing passes soon. Many of us still have to work around large numbers of people, but are not allowed alone in the outdoors. It doesn’t make sense. We are not quite as free as I once thought. Go to work, go home, don’t complain, people’s lives (our economy) is at stake.
I’m happy to do my part by staying working and hopefully helping our economy. I’m really proud of my wife for going to work and taking care of the sick. We are all a part of one big team, and that is amazing. I’m not cool with the government taking the outdoors from us while leaning on us to keep the ball rolling/risking our lives at the same time.

bogueYaker

• Lingcod
  • Pace the halls and climb the walls
  • Date Registered: Aug 2019
I’m not cool with the government taking the outdoors from us while leaning on us to keep the ball rolling/risking our lives at the same time.

As stated in the WDFW release, this closure is intended to reduce the number of cases that medical personnel (like your wife?) will have to deal with... seems like a common sense move to me.

Casey

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
I’m not cool with the government taking the outdoors from us while leaning on us to keep the ball rolling/risking our lives at the same time.

As stated in the WDFW release, this closure is intended to reduce the number of cases that medical personnel (like your wife?) will have to deal with... seems like a common sense move to me.
I don’t agree that closing down outdoors is common sense, when I’m still building around large numbers of people. We don’t have to agree. Hopefully this thing passes soon. Cheers 🍻

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Am I right in assuming the outdoors you're talking about isn't in the city?  If so, do you really want to see this crap spread to outlying areas?  I am completely sympathetic for all who live in urban areas and are starting to feel the walls closing in on them, but that sympathy ends with a disease we barely understand.

We're not sure how long it survives outside the human body, we have no idea why men are almost twice as likely to need hospitalization than women, we're clueless about why folks with diabetes are more at risk than the rest of the population, and can't begin to guess why children younger than puberty almost never develop symptoms of a COVID-19 infection.  That's a lot of important stuff to not know about a disease that's spreading out-of-control.

Did I overlook anything?  Oh yeah, we don't have a treatment for people who do get sick.

We keep reacting to this thing rather than doing our utmost to minimize its spread while we search for answers, so it continues to spread, and by the time we find it in a new location it's already too late simply because we don't have the resources to be able to test healthy-looking folks.

Stay well, Casey.  I'm hoping for only the best for you and all who are dear to you.
Everything will be all right in the end, so if it's not all right, then it's not yet the end.

snopro

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
If so, do you really want to see this crap spread to outlying areas?

It's inevitable.  The time frame it happens in is the variable.

SciGuy

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Although I’m bummed, it’s probable what’s in the best interests of everyone. Once it opens back up, I’ll be ready. I just finished outfitting yak #4 - a new to me PA14. I got this one mainly to fly cast but it will see time mooching and downrigging.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 05:31:12 PM by SciGuy »
Bill

Jammer

• KayakFishingOregon.com
  • Sturgeon
  • Kayak Fishing Oregon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
I just heard they closed the beach access parking lots in Pacific City today. Anyone know anything about it?
• Stohlquist • Team Daiwa • Yakima Bait Company

2015 Hobie Fishing Team "Top Gun"
2012 Hobie Worlds Team USA - 19th place
2012 Oregon Rockfish Classic – 1st place
2010 Oregon Rockfish Classic - 1st place
2010 Cape Dis. Dungie Tourney - 1st place

KAYAK FISHING OREGON
www.youtube.com/jmrischer

alpalmer

• Salmon
I just heard they closed the beach access parking lots in Pacific City today. Anyone know anything about it?

I think they closed them after the crowds from a week ago.  I know all of the parking areas (aka collection points) around Netarts were shutdown on the Monday after that weekend.  People weren't keeping appropriate distance as well as using up critical local resources.
--Edward Abbey--

bogueYaker

• Lingcod
  • Pace the halls and climb the walls
  • Date Registered: Aug 2019
I saw this article posted on a fbook forum:
https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2020/apr/16/fishing-hunting-closures-could-become-more-targete/

I'm hoping that the data supports the opening of some fisheries. Maybe something similar to what was done in California, where rural fisheries were closed.

In the meantime, I applaud WDFW's effort to lessen the spread of COVID-19 infections.

anything