Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 09:48:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 04:24:50 PM]

[Today at 02:19:35 PM]

[Today at 01:10:00 PM]

[Today at 11:40:28 AM]

[Today at 10:55:19 AM]

[Today at 10:49:19 AM]

by [WR]
[May 18, 2024, 04:51:53 PM]

[May 17, 2024, 08:35:26 PM]

by Spot
[May 16, 2024, 08:44:06 PM]

by [WR]
[May 16, 2024, 05:38:38 PM]

by Plap
[May 15, 2024, 08:48:08 AM]

[May 14, 2024, 08:15:34 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Linked Events

• Moutcha Bay Derby: September 02, 2006
  • Moutcha Bay Derby: September 03, 2006
  • Moutcha Bay Derby: September 04, 2006

Topic: Moutcha Bay Resort 2006 Kayak Fishing Derby, Sept 2-4  (Read 16945 times)

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
No, it's not us.  This resort on Vancouver Island has had a kayak fishing derby for the past 2 years.  All right boys and girls, who's going to represent NWKA up there?  I would, but I'll be in Ketchikan that weekend.

-Allen

http://www.moutchabay.com/Kayaking_Derby.htm
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 11:45:11 PM by polepole »

floatin cowboys

• Lingcod
  • UHMMMM Pizza!!!
OK who has a RV and wants to go. I will help with gas and food and whatever else is needed. That looks like a kick in the shorts. It reminds me of fishing Whale pass on the inside of Prince of wales island. AH good times good times. I will save up all my waf points for that. I may not get to fish all summer but it looks like fun. I think we could do it affordably. Someone, anyone. ;D
We may live without poetry, music, and art
We may live without conscience and live without heart
We may live without friends, we may live without books;
But civilized man cannot live without cooks

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Did you check out the video and pictures?  Some cool stuff there!!!

"Moutcha" signed up on this site as well.  Hopefully he come back with some stories to share.

-Allen

Fishin-T

• Lingcod
  • It's called a "Slow Loris"
I'd dearly love to make this one.  Probably can't do it.   :'(   I've already committed to meet up with Tinpusher and Snag-a-but the week before that in Tofino.  I think drcab is going to be there too.  We've all got reservations at Greenpoint park and everything.  That absolutely takes a four day weekend for me to pull off and there's no way my work situation is going to leave room for two of those right in a row.  I'll try to see how deep in stone are all the current arrangements.  In all fairness, Tinpusher called on the "First annual N.W. fishout" clear back in Dec.  Hey, it's only 10 miles away from Mouthcha Bay so the fishing has to be good, right?  Say, Floatin... if you're more interested in just the fishing than the derby, then I bet I know some guys who'll be going very close to that same spot, very close to that same day.   ::)

Fishin-T
If at first you don't succeed....  maybe skydiving is just not for you.

floatin cowboys

• Lingcod
  • UHMMMM Pizza!!!
I am gonna ask my neighbor if I can borrow his little rv. Its old and funky looking but its a place to sleep and eat. If he says I can do I have any takers. Really I mean it. I am just not that good a doing things alone, unless there close to home. So, what do you say. I don't know if the rv will make it but isn't that half the fun?
Ya I saw the video, thats what get me excited. It looks like a fun place. How would you get there anyway.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 10:17:47 AM by floatin cowboys »

Fishin-T

• Lingcod
Floating,

I've probably been thinking too hard about this but now I'm leaning way WAY toward dropping the hammer and going to this one.  Like Polepole says, somebody's got to represent the NWKA.  I'm not too much behind taking an RV though.  It'll double your travelling expenses and we're talking about a 400 mile trip from the Seattle area plus about $70 USC for a rig that big.  And then where would the kayaks go?

I'm there for you if you want to carpool from north of Seattle (I'm close to Everett), but I'd like to just take a car.  My old beater Isuzu will easily carry 2 yaks, it gets 20 mpg, and I have ALL kinds of camping gear to share.  I'm already working on reserving a tent site for myself.  Say the word and we'll buddy up for this one.

Fishin-T

floatin cowboys

• Lingcod
  • UHMMMM Pizza!!!
that sounds like it could work. Is it that much to get an rv over there? Plus being a virigin to the canadian thing what is the run down on cost, your  license and camp site and stuff. Cause I seriously need to start a kitty forthat now. If you are serious Iam game. Is your Isuzu big enough for the gear of two guys, plus coolers. I want to bring home some salmon.

Fishin-T

• Lingcod
Floatin,

Yeah, this trip looks like it'll strech a guy, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be worth it.  Myself, my big expense is time away from work.  They only pay me for the hours where I'm actually physically there.  Any way, using high estimates here's about what we're looking at:

$160   Fuel for 800 miles in the Trooper @ $4/gal
$115  Campsite for 4 nights (Thurs night till Mon morning), 2 people in one campsite
$115  Ferry from Tswassen to Nanaimo and then back with 2 people on board
$ 50  Two fishing permits plus salmon stamps for 3 fishing days
-------
$440  Total U.S. money, to be divided by two fishermen but not including any food
Or,
$220  Your approx. price  :o

Is that the sound of sticker shock that I hear reverberating over there in the mountain valleys?  Don’t be too quick to back away now!  My stand is that I’m going up there with a partner or on my own, either way.  I’d much prefer to share the trip and I also realize that you’re raising up a young family over there, so let’s talk about just what it is you can or can’t actually do before you throw in the towel.

Yeah, the Trooper will hold lots and lots of gear.  If there's any salmon caught, we'll make sure you get at least a lot of it home.  There won't be a shortage of cooler space, I'm certain of it.  I own enough camping gear to cover any items that you might be short on, we'll just have to coordinate.
Fishin-T
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 09:47:54 AM by Fishin-T »

floatin cowboys

• Lingcod
  • UHMMMM Pizza!!!
 :o Lets see, root canal $1700, pull the tooth $140 :-\ humm. I guess I'll pull that tooth. I have gear but nothing small. I have a two room tent thats the size of a big duffle win packed, and a camp box which has stove, lamp,pots and pans, plates,heater, cuttingboard, bowls, cups, propane bottles, hatchet, small first aid kit, well you get the idea. Its about 18"X18"x30" Actual the box is pretty nice to have if there is space for it. And then all my fish and yak gear.
I think I can probably swing that, just need to factor in gas to Everett and food. Do we get license and tags there or before we get there.
When I made a trip to alaska a few years ago we survived on top roman, rice, and seafood for a week. So are you a for sure on this thing, cause I am. Lets talk more

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Go guys Go!!!

-Allen

Fishin-T

• Lingcod
Floatin,

Dhoa!   I forgot the price of the derby entry fee.  That's another $17 U.S. apiece.

I'll tell ya what I'm gonna do... if you can get yourself over to my house in Bothell by maybe midnight on Wed August 30 so that we can leave out by early Thur morning, and show up with right at $200 U.S. in hand, then from there I'd like to consider you to be my guest as it were and I can cover whatever we'll need from there and I'll guarantee that you don't go past $200 for your half.  Don't worry, I'll make sure that we eat something better than this side of Top Ramen.  ;D   

We can haggle over who's gear and what not as we go from here.  Yeah, I'm all in!  Let's do this thing!

So, will Wed night be do-able?  I'm hoping to pre-fish the bay on Friday, get a full 3 days worth out of those permits.  You mind if we don't get back here till Mon afternoon?  I'll have to check the different ferries to see just when.

Fishin-T
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 12:22:13 PM by Fishin-T »

Fishin-T

• Lingcod
Floatin,

Oh happy day!  :D

I just talked on the phone with Jim up a Moutcha and I've got a lock on site #N9 for 4 nights starting Thur. Aug. 31.  We'll have at least Snag-a-but next door to us in site #N8.  Take a look at those sites, man.  They're way over by themselves, but a short walk to the restrooms.

Moutcha Jim says that the tyee fishing is near can't-miss  :o  since the hatchery for the lions share of all of the Nootka sound salmon is right up at the end of his bay.  Say the word and I'll count you in with me.  But hey, no pressure.  ;)

Fishin-T
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 08:29:46 PM by Fishin-T »

floatin cowboys

• Lingcod
  • UHMMMM Pizza!!!
Yo Dog Im fizzle de snizzle. ( ya I don't what that means) I am in, and as it sounds those plans should work. I actualy will try to leave here by noon cause I hate trying to find places in the dark. Besides I have never been to brothel. Oh no I ve been there I mean bothell ;D. It is very generous of you to offer that deal, but I think that I can cover the cost. Besides I ll put it on the plastic if I have to. U Promise you know. So lets keep it going. Tell me more. When I did the Alaska trip I came home with 90# of Salmon FILETS. Thats what I am hoping for. Hey besides I am not good at winning anything. Remind me to bring my prozac :D just kidding. ::) OK so I am in. The little women said its ok. I just have to re stain the cabin, install a water softner, water heater, chink the cabin, finish the fences and put the turkeys and hogs in the freezer, then I can go. Ill do that stuff tommorow. Ill split the wood when I get back. :P

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Cool deal guys!  It sound like there will be at least 3 NWKA'ers there to represent, and I've heard of at least one other contemplating it.  Hopefully I'll have some baseball hats by then for you to proudly wear.

-Allen

Fishin-T

• Lingcod
Floatin,
Yeah, I can tell by your verbage that you're as stoked as I am for this one.   ;D   What's this you say?  Only 90# of fillets you expect to take home?  Sure, okay, I'll process all of the rest somehow then.   ;)   I appreciate your appreciation of my offer, and that's cool your stepping up to the plate like that.   8)   I've got your e-mail address, provided that your profile is all correct and everything, and so I think we can work out the mundane details without cluttering up the fine forums of the NWKA.

Fishin-T

anything