Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:07:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 04:24:50 PM]

[Today at 02:19:35 PM]

[Today at 01:10:00 PM]

[Today at 11:40:28 AM]

[Today at 10:55:19 AM]

[Today at 10:49:19 AM]

by [WR]
[May 18, 2024, 04:51:53 PM]

[May 17, 2024, 08:35:26 PM]

by Spot
[May 16, 2024, 08:44:06 PM]

by [WR]
[May 16, 2024, 05:38:38 PM]

by Plap
[May 15, 2024, 08:48:08 AM]

[May 14, 2024, 08:15:34 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: San Juan Islands Guided Kayak Fishing 2010  (Read 5781 times)

holtfisher

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
Hi Jason, just put the balance of the $520.00 in the mail. Sure am looking forward to this San Juans trip.
The 20% discount is really sweet, and I really like the idea of learning lot's while having fun per the exerpt from your earlier announcement!

"There's great fishing 100 ft from the camp site, but on average we'll paddle 2-5 miles a day exploring the islands as we hunt for lingcod, cabezon, greenling, and other bottom fish while enjoying the beautiful San Juan Islands.
Learn navigation, boat handling, tide/current/wind management, boat packing, kayak fishing techniques, as well as safety/rescue/towing, and group management skills. There's even opportunity to practice capsize and re-entry, all under the auspice of Alder Creek's guides and coaches.

We'll paddle back with the tide to West Beach Resort on Sunday, June 6th"

Hobie Revo, Mirage Drive

amb

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
For awhile I've been interested in fishing the San Juan Islands.  Even posted such under the Washington State forum titles "San Juan Lings".  Nanooks response was "All the rockfish I've caught in the SJ's are super tiny".  Not sure why I'd want to pay to fish there then....

jself

amb

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Go get them super tiny lingcod

jself

rockfish are tiny, lingcod are good sized.

Have you ever fished the SJ's? It's pretty fished out for rockfish, but lingcod fishing is great in the SJ's.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 03:40:33 PM by NANOOK »

HBH

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
yeah and there is no 20' swell either...but its no good fishing there, trust me   ;)

jself

Sounds like someone is having trouble differentiating rock fish from lingcod. I was quoted correctly, but somehow it didn't translate in your head Amb.  ???

We'll send pics and a postcard!

jself

Here is an example I stole from the web of lings in the SJ's....I'm headed up on the 5th and will post pics upon my return.

jself

For awhile I've been interested in fishing the San Juan Islands.  Even posted such under the Washington State forum titles "San Juan Lings".  Nanooks response was "All the rockfish I've caught in the SJ's are super tiny".  Not sure why I'd want to pay to fish there then....

For you AMB:

jself

Client Tesimonial:

"Hi, my name is Terry and I just returned from the San Juan fishing trip. Thank you very much for such a fun adventure. The entire trip was very professionally handled . Our guides, Jason and Chris were outstanding teachers and put us on fish every day. I lost count of how many ling cod I landed. I also got invaluable training in technique that I sorely needed. My wife is excited to learn the technical information I was given so she can apply it to her kayaking. I definitely got more from this trip than just fishing and I can apply this every time I hop into a kayak. Thanks again for a memorable experience. Way to go Alder Creek. Terry"

anything