Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:56:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by Plap
[May 15, 2024, 08:48:08 AM]

[May 14, 2024, 08:15:34 AM]

by jed
[May 14, 2024, 07:03:59 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:48:33 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 09:39:21 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: HOW/KAYAK SHED/NWKA Drysuit fundraiser  (Read 6246 times)

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
NWKA gained a good number of new members in 2015 and it has been a while since we did it. So by gum, we're going to do it again!

Limited Edition NWKA Kokatat Hydrus 3L SuperNova Angler Suits!!

With generous support from Kayak Shed you will be able to purchase a great suit at a sweetheart price, and Heroes On the Water gets a money hug from each suit sold.

We'll get an official offer out in a couple of weeks with final pricing, but it should be a similar deal as last time we did it (link below).

http://www.northwestkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=12624.0

Suits feature HOW/KAYAK SHED logos on one sleeve and the NWKA logo on the other.

If you have a nice tax refund coming and want to invest in your safety or you need to start knocking over liquor stores  :o we wanted to give you a little advanced notice.

Anyone interested or have questions please chime in.

Thanks
Anthony
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 06:04:34 PM by Ling Banger »

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
Ah man... I just bought a new one, well new to me...
Ray
2020 Hobie Outback "Chum Chicken"
2018 Native Titan 10.5 "Battle Barge"
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge
Category - IT’S NOT A DRINKING PROBLEM IF YOU’RE BEING CREATIVE
1st place - The Drunken Bastard

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
My NWKA / HOW / Kayak Shed Kokatat drysuit has served me very well - this is a great way to get a good price and send some money to a good cause at the same time.

Thank you, Kayak Shed, for stepping up and doing this again!

SamM

• Lingcod
  • McDowellHome
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
My NWKA / HOW / Kayak Shed Kokatat drysuit has served me very well - this is a great way to get a good price and send some money to a good cause at the same time.

Thank you, Kayak Shed, for stepping up and doing this again!

Agreed, like, +1!!!

👍

Sam
got stop wishing,
     got to go fishing...
          - Jimmy Buffett

Hobie Oasis, Outback, i11s

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
Excellent!  I've been looking for a second drysuit and darn near ordered one yesterday.  I can wait for these.  Put me down for a men's large, and thanks for the shout out!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 12:17:17 PM by Tinker »
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
Can they be had in the orange color this time?
2012 ORC 5th Place

langcod

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
Can they be had in the orange color this time?

We should clarify that the images above are only of the logo and not the colors.

Here are the available colors for this run:

2015 ORC 3rd Place Winner

langcod

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
Final pricing is in!

Size S-XL - $565

Size XXL - $605

Size LK - $635

Kokatat Sizing Chart

If you've got any questions please feel free to PM me.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 12:08:14 PM by langcod »

2015 ORC 3rd Place Winner

Doc Miller

• Herring
  • Date Registered: May 2015
Have these been intentionally designed to look as if they came off the deck of the USS Enterprise? 

As a relative noob to the board/the PNW, would you all say that this should be considered essential equipment for anyone heading out in the salt?  I took a few trips out around Commencement Bay last Summer sans drysuit (after several years of going without in coastal CT); however, I feel like I did get a few strange looks for my neighboring boaters.  And, if this is something that I should probably invest in, is this a good price?  In all honesty, it seems a little steep (for a father of three with a wife that pays attention to these types of things)
Plan your work, and work your plan.

Noah

• Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Have these been intentionally designed to look as if they came off the deck of the USS Enterprise? 

As a relative noob to the board/the PNW, would you all say that this should be considered essential equipment for anyone heading out in the salt?  I took a few trips out around Commencement Bay last Summer sans drysuit (after several years of going without in coastal CT); however, I feel like I did get a few strange looks for my neighboring boaters.  And, if this is something that I should probably invest in, is this a good price?  In all honesty, it seems a little steep (for a father of three with a wife that pays attention to these types of things)
It's a pretty essential piece of gear for fishing the Ocean or cold water. It's generally considered the safest and most comfortable option. How much is your life worth to your three kids? Retail on these suits I believe are $615.

As far as the design, all drysuits look like that.

crash

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012

I think I've diagnosed the problem.

Snamighty

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Jul 2015
Wow those logos are awesome!!.  If I didn't have one already, i'd jump on getting one.  You can't really put a price on safety sometimes... Are these Gortex by any chance??
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 02:49:52 PM by Snamighty »

-Veasna

"Give him a fish, you'll feed him for a day.  But teach him how to fish, he'll steal your fish."

2015 Hobie Pro Angler

Doc Miller

• Herring
  • Date Registered: May 2015
You know what they say: happy wife, increased fishing opportunities.  I think I may have to pick one up this year...seemed to keep Captain Kirk close to the action, so maybe it'll have a similar effect for me. 
Plan your work, and work your plan.

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
As a relative noob to the board/the PNW, would you all say that this should be considered essential equipment for anyone heading out in the salt?

You'll probably notice we take safety pretty seriously as a community. The general answer to your question is "yes"; a lot of us consider it to be essential or pretty close to it. If you search around the threads you'll find some alternate viewpoints and ideas, such as a thick full coverage wetsuit or waders with a drytop.

Personally the rivers and lakes (which drop below 40F for several months a year) are just as much of a concern to me as the salt. The Columbia is a beautiful, harsh mistress.

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
Wow those logos are awesome!!.  If I didn't have one already, i'd jump on getting one.  You can't really put a price on safety sometimes... Are these Gortex by any chance??

They're a generic version of Gortex. I think Yaktrap had a post a few years ago about the differences. Apparently the difference is notable, but the non-Gortex does breathe somewhat. The Gortex Kokatat drysuits are a significant notch up in price.