Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2026, 08:34:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: New Old Town Predator Sit on Top  (Read 8372 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Noah

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Location: Tigard
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
  • Posts: 3598
Cool looking boat. Do you know why they picked the the Old Town brand and not OC? Trying to appeal to more bass fishermen?

I would say yes, the target is bass anglers and I'm guessing the Old Town brand has more traction with people living inland.   

I really don't blame them, I have had the following conversation at least a half dozen times at places like the Next Adventure Summer Splash demo day..


Billy Bob:   <stares at my kayak>
Me:  How's it going?  Do you fish much?
Billy Bob:  Yeah, I've been considering getting a fishing kayak.  Oh this is an "Ocean Kayak", well,  I'm really just looking for something for my local lake.   I have no plans of getting eaten by a shark.
Me:  No, that's just the company name, you can use these fishing kayaks just about anywhere; lakes, ponds, rivers, and yes the ocean too if you wanted .... <rest of my pitch>
That's pretty funny  ;D


 

anything