Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2026, 12:51:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

by [WR]
[July 27, 2026, 10:08:05 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Knives, knives, knives  (Read 13496 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

demonick

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Domenick Venezia, Author
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
  • Posts: 2835
As I haven't even bought my kayak yet, I don't know if I am going to be more than a troll, but...  as far as knives go for overwater activities, my personal favorite is a Boye dendritic cobalt sheepsfoot folder - absolutely will not rust, not too expensive, and holds a working edge a very, very long time.

Other ones worth looking at are the Spyderco H1 Atlantic Salt or Salt 1 (heck, any of the H1 Salt knives are worth a look).

Both are useable with gloves on, and putting on a dummy cord is pretty simple.

I carry a folder everyday, casual and dress, and yet I prefer a fixed blade on the kayak.  If I fall out of the yak and get tangled in lines or whatever, I need to grab and slash, not grab, open, and slash.  Dropping while opening is more likely with a folder, and even if tethered, trying to find a dropped tethered knife would be tough. 
demonick
Author, Linc Malloy Legacies -- Action/Adventure/Thrillers
2021 Chanticleer Finalist - Global Thriller Series & High Stakes Fiction
Rip City Legacy, Book 6 latest release!
DomenickVenezia.com