Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2026, 09:27:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 10:54:03 AM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: The Boy  (Read 5595 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dea

  • Herring
  • **
  • Date Registered: Jun 2013
  • Posts: 28
What a beautiful fish!


Captain Redbeard

  • Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • *****
  • Location: Portland, OR
  • Date Registered: May 2013
  • Posts: 3348
Thanks for the advice on the mackerel, everyone. I don't know why I'm just fascinated by the stuff that I didn't even know existed around here before I started fishing in the salt more; squid, mackerel, sharks, etc. I like the weird fish! Maybe I can pick up a few oddballs nearshore this year. I haven't even gotten a china rockfish from the yak yet.


Northwoods

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Formerly sumpNZ
  • Location: Sedro-Woolley, WA
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
  • Posts: 2308
Thanks for the advice on the mackerel, everyone. I don't know why I'm just fascinated by the stuff that I didn't even know existed around here before I started fishing in the salt more; squid, mackerel, sharks, etc. I like the weird fish! Maybe I can pick up a few oddballs nearshore this year. I haven't even gotten a china rockfish from the yak yet.

Come on up to Makah Bay.  They're all over the place out there.  You'll probably catch more Chinas than anything else.
Formerly sumpNZ
2012 ORC 5th Place



 

anything