Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2026, 11:48:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: 22″ Complete Kayak Crab Pot  (Read 10021 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

INSAYN

  • ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • *
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Location: Forest Grove, OR
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
  • Posts: 5417
Pinstriper, get yourself a length of stainless wire/rod of about 1/8th diameter.   Bend it into a square loop about 5" across.  If you can weld the ends together great do that. If not, just slip some clear tubing over one tip, and then line up the ends and slip half the tube over the other tip to secure them together. Apply some kind of glue to the tube to keep it from slipping apart.

Now, zip tie the hell out that square loop onto an area of the  crab pot mesh that does not have to fold over during closure.  Clip out the mesh that's inside the loop.  Finally take another length of stainless and make a 4" diameter circle out of it.
Now tie this circle inside the 5" square with your cotton twine.  Replace the string as needed. 
 

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15


Pinstriper

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Outer Southwest Portlandia
  • Date Registered: May 2015
  • Posts: 1043
Pinstriper, get yourself a length of stainless wire/rod of about 1/8th diameter.   Bend it into a square loop about 5" across.  If you can weld the ends together great do that. If not, just slip some clear tubing over one tip, and then line up the ends and slip half the tube over the other tip to secure them together. Apply some kind of glue to the tube to keep it from slipping apart.

Now, zip tie the hell out that square loop onto an area of the  crab pot mesh that does not have to fold over during closure.  Clip out the mesh that's inside the loop.  Finally take another length of stainless and make a 4" diameter circle out of it.
Now tie this circle inside the 5" square with your cotton twine.  Replace the string as needed.

I really, really appreciate the amount of thought you've given to this. But I gotta believe it's more economical to just drop the $20 at Bi-Mart.

I'm not even sure where I would even find stainless rod, a metal bonding epoxy, and a ball of butcher twine for less than $20, even before labor.

In summation, I'm too cheap to spend the $80, and too lazy to make it myself. #merica.

But I will keep the idea alive in case I happen in passing to spot some stainless rod next time I'm at HD anyway.
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !

Punctuation. It saves lives.
........................................................................


 

anything