Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2026, 04:05:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 02, 2026, 10:54:03 AM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: waterproof binoculars  (Read 5138 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Don't ask me how I know!
  • Date Registered: Nov 2006
  • Posts: 1704
Binoculars are nice to have. Good binoculars are expensive and waterproof good binoculars are hellaciously expensive.

Big 5 has a pair of compact waterproof binoculars for $19 on sale.

Are they the best? No, but they are better than your eyes and they are waterproof. I have gone through 3 sets of these in 17 years (overboard, lost, etc.) and after I get another set today, I'll just be approaching the price of an ok pair of non-waterproof bino's.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 02:52:40 PM by Fishesfromtupperware »
"For when sleeping I dream of big fish and strong fights"


kallitype

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Vashon Island kayaker
  • Location: Vashon Island, WA
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
  • Posts: 1673
PRetty nifty, but isn't 10X an awful lot to handhold steady on the drink???  I use submersible  Fujinon 6X and they are pretty twitchy with any kind of wave action.
Never underestimate the ability of our policymakers to fail to devise and implement intelligent policy


 

anything